project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2010-09-17, 03:08   #1
Hitman.2.5
Default How to make a dual boot

I want to make a dual boot partitioning 100GB of my hard drive for XP so i can play PR with teamspeak and mumble again as with windows seven my voip receiving will cut out.

how do i make this dual boot please
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 07:55   #2
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: How to make a dual boot

Might I ask, what do you mean by
Quote:
with windows seven my voip receiving will cut out.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 14:00   #3
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Partition or Volume - Create New - Windows 7 Forums

Use google, it is your friend.

In short:
Use disk management to reduce the size of your current partition by 100 GB, create a new partition with that 100 GB of free space.

When you want to install you will be able to boot from the XP disk and install from there

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 14:26   #4
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Also, you can install a second hard drive, pop in your win xp disc, restart, select second hard drive as the installation location for xp, install, reboot, et voila! It should then give you the option to boot into either one. I've always had a second drive(burning Sabayon Linux 5.2 KDE at the moment) and have been dual booting on and off for a few years. Good luck!

baz

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
Last edited by bazza_1964; 2010-09-18 at 00:07..
Old 2010-09-17, 15:56   #5
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

What I was trying to get at is that a dual boot system is unnecessary, as there are many win7 installations playing PR with mumble & TS, mine and my brother's for example. I believe there is a better fix than installing a whole new OS
Old 2010-09-17, 16:55   #6
Hitman.2.5

what i mean by my voip receiving cutting out is that i'll hop on TS3 find out the PR server to join join that if there is a mumble channel to join i'll hop into that too, then 20 mins into the game or maybe 5 mins or maybe even the whole round, all sound to do with Voip so if some one is talking ingame TS or on mumble i wont hear them yet i can transmit.
Old 2010-09-18, 00:04   #7
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

Sounds like mumble and ts3 may be in conflict with each other while both are on(key binding issue?) This is out of my field(I rarely use mumble, too many talkative teens, and haven't use ts actively for a couple of years). Maybe the audio options on both programs are in conflict?

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
bazza_1964 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 02:43   #8
Hitman.2.5

bazza while u may have a point, there are plenty of "lucky" people that have it working without a problem i want to be one of them :P
Old 2010-09-18, 05:49   #9
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post
what i mean by my voip receiving cutting out is that i'll hop on TS3 find out the PR server to join join that if there is a mumble channel to join i'll hop into that too, then 20 mins into the game or maybe 5 mins or maybe even the whole round, all sound to do with Voip so if some one is talking ingame TS or on mumble i wont hear them yet i can transmit.
Check your sound properties, a few people have had windows 7 screw with their volume levels due to mumble being classed as a 'voice communication' software...

Make sure it's set to 'do nothing'

Tags
boot, dual, make