Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-02, 02:48   #31
drtaru
Default Re: Project Reality v0.957d Hotfix released to server admins

This hotfix consistently causes me to load up a map, be able to join a squad, the lose connection with the server.
Old 2010-11-02, 11:45   #32
llRvXll

I'm having some problems with the mortar, when someone requests a fire mission, i have around 20 seconds to adjust the mortar and then i get the black screen, and i need another fire mission request...

The other problem, is the RANGE indicator of the squad leader, on the map (capslock), its too buggy, sometimes i mark something, around 1km from me, and it shows 50m, sometimes i mark something 100m from me, and it shows 800m, it never works for me... :[
Old 2010-11-02, 13:13   #33
ma21212
Supporting Member

*joins Basrah mid-game*
*is on insurgents*
*looks at score board*
*30 UK vs 3 Ins.*

Last edited by ma21212; 2010-11-02 at 13:33..
Old 2010-11-03, 08:47   #34
rexik

Quote:
Originally Posted by llRvXll View Post
I'm having some problems with the mortar, when someone requests a fire mission, i have around 20 seconds to adjust the mortar and then i get the black screen, and i need another fire mission request...

The other problem, is the RANGE indicator of the squad leader, on the map (capslock), its too buggy, sometimes i mark something, around 1km from me, and it shows 50m, sometimes i mark something 100m from me, and it shows 800m, it never works for me... :[
No worries about mortars, most of the admins should fix it on their servers already, because they received new file that needs to be updated.
Old 2010-11-03, 11:46   #35
SamEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexik View Post
No worries about mortars, most of the admins should fix it on their servers already, because they received new file that needs to be updated.
Hey I read something about this the other day on here - care to link me where this was mentioned?

Cheers,
Old 2010-11-03, 17:09   #36
llRvXll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexik View Post
the server was using the new patch...

"The other problem, is the RANGE indicator of the squad leader, on the map (capslock), its too buggy, sometimes i mark something, around 1km from me, and it shows 50m, sometimes i mark something 100m from me, and it shows 800m, it never works for me... :["

can someone help me? i can't use this range indicator...
Old 2010-11-04, 02:55   #37
Anderson29
Supporting Member

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f13...ortars-pr.html
read second to last paragraph...."to the mortarmen..." if that doesnt help...then i dont know what will
Old 2010-11-04, 23:20   #38
llRvXll

i know how to use the mortar... i'm talking about the range indicator, on the capslock screen... it is buggy... and never tells me true value... exemple: i click somewhere... around 1000m from me... and the range indicator (capslock) shows 50m... and then i click somewhere.. around 800m from me... and the range indicator shows 600m...

The only way to use it without bugging... is marking Keypad per keypad, util i reach the target area... if i mark the target area directly, the range indicator doesn't show me the true value

ps: im n00b in english, i'm sorry for any mistake...
Old 2010-11-05, 00:32   #39
rexik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamEEE View Post
Hey I read something about this the other day on here - care to link me where this was mentioned?

Cheers,
Yes, on previous page dbzao was so kind to let people know about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
This hotfix caused an issue with mortar fire missions lasting only 30s or less and it was not intended. A hotfix of the hotfix was sent to all server admins to remedy this, but it will not have a new version number.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by llRvXll View Post
the server was using the new patch...
But did it updated necessary files or shall I be precise "file" to fix the problem?
Closed Thread

Tags
admins, hotfix, project, reality, released, server