project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-12, 13:06   #1
Dr.Roy.Mustang
Default SKS Rifle and Lee Enfield Feedback

In regarding to the post I made last night: PR:BF2 Bugs - Project Reality Forums

Yes thank you very much for replying. However I still do not understand why do we make this gun to dispense all reload mode. I mean... Why can it not be like a sniper or maybe a shotgun?

I mean according to Wikipedia on the SKS rifle: SKS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia View Post
Quote:
A standard SKS is semi-automatic and has a fixed/hinged 10 round internal magazine which is loaded from the top of the rifle either by manually inserting the ammunition one round at a time or with a 10-round stripper clip.

The latter of my quote seems to be similar our PR reload mode. Is a bit ashame that it is that way. Just for my own curiosity, why has it been made that way?

So yeah. That is all for my question. Would love to hear from future update that it may perhaps be eventually reloadable. Oh yes, not to mention it only holds 10 rounds...

This issue has been discussed also on my local national gaming forum, please feel free to hear what other people say: Militia SKS - Medic Kit Reload bug - BigD Gaming Community

Thanks in advance,
Old 2010-11-12, 13:29   #2
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: SKS Rifle and Lee Enfield Feedback

BF2 only allows 1 reload animation per weapon. (Although there are undelploy anims etc) Thus when you expend all rounds, you would use the stripper clip, it would be hard to 'top off' a full clip of bullets into the gun and is kinda unrealistic in that sense.

So yeah, you can only have a full clip reload or have the animation topping rounds off.

Old 2010-11-12, 13:58   #3
boilerrat

In the picture included you will see the internal magazine circled. To reload the rifle without expending all of the rounds I believe you have to physically remove that whole cover and put it back together.

So to do that, it would take quite a bit of time using some tools.
Attached Thumbnails
sks.jpg  
Old 2010-11-12, 14:06   #4
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Not quite. See 4:10~

However personally I think it would be too much effort than it's worth to animate it.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2010-11-12, 14:26   #5
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

What about simply allowing reloads even though the weapon isn't empty then, until at some point the animation might get updated to have the character empty the magazine (partly out of sight, so the player can't see whether anything actually fell out or not)?

I find it annoying having to shoot at nothing just to be able to reload, that's less realistic than just being able to reload even though the weapon wasn't empty imo. At the end, all reload animations in PR are not quite correct since we can't make a difference between empty chamber and full chamber.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2010-11-12, 21:00   #6
mosinmatt

I want the SKS bayonet back! Why was it removed in the first place?
I mean...why have a rifle like that in the first place, that was made to have the bayonet on it, NOT have the bayonet? It would be very handy now that the Sapper does not have grenades to throw, and cant "top off" his rifle. Not to mention the much longer IED animation.
Old 2010-11-12, 21:19   #7
Riflewizard

It's definetly a bit of an issue. It sucks if you only have 2-3 rounds left in your weapon, and you want to ambush some enemies, since you'll lack the ammo to get em while they are in the open, or your forced to give your position away. It's definetly more realistic to be able to reload the gun than not be able to.
Old 2010-11-12, 23:33   #8
Murphy

I guess if they extended the SKS reload time slightly to signify the ejection of the remaining rounds it might be a quick fix. On the other hand the Enfield should remain as is.

I do find it aggravating when you're trying to drop someone and suddenly find yourself with the horribly long reload time as you watch the enemy find cover and fire back.
Old 2010-11-13, 12:37   #9
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Locking this thread for a number of blatant suggestions. In the future, when posting in the feedback forum, make sure your post is feedback, not a suggestion:

A suggestion - you propose a change.

Feedback - you point out what you do or don't like about a particular aspect of the game.

There is room within the feedback forum for suggestions, however blatantly posting a suggestion in here, such as:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Roy.Mustang View Post
So yeah. That is all for my question. Would love to hear from future update that it may perhaps be eventually reloadable. Oh yes, not to mention it only holds 10 rounds....
or

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinmatt View Post
I want the SKS bayonet back! Why was it removed in the first place?
will not be tolerated.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Closed Thread

Tags
enfield, feedback, lee, rifle, sks