project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2010-11-09, 06:32   #1
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default 3DsMax9, low fps since fromat?

Hey guys, formatted my PC last week and done a complete reinstall. Everything is up and running and the only changes I've made to my system's hardware was to install a new 1.5TB hardrive, and remove an old 250gb hdd. Still running the same operating system (WinXP x64), RAM etc as before, but for some reason I'm only getting 13fps on a max scene before my format I was getting over 30fps, unless I'm forgetting something.

The only difference I can think of might be with my GFX card drivers. I've got a Nvidia GTX 260, currently with the latest 260.99 drivers, not sure what drivers I had before my format but they where much older than the ones I'm using now.

Is there any things I can do to increase performance, which obviously wont affecting the quality of course, other than rolling back the drivers that anyone can think of?

Cheers

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 22:41   #2
SnipingCoward
Default Re: 3DsMax9, low fps since fromat?

Did you determain the cause of the low fps?
Is it maybe your CPU hitting the limit?

Missing some Frameworks? .Net or latest Java that might be needed?
Did you maybe forget any vital mobo/chipset drivers? Maybe conveniently used a Driver from Windows Update or accidentially installed one replacing the manufacturer ones?

Check your Event Viewer for "Criticals" and "Warnings". Maybe that shows you a bad system file or problematic driver?

Activated some new features in BIOS? That now are not supported (AHCI comes to mind)?

Are we talking SATA or IDE HDDs?
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 00:03   #3
*]H[* Apollo|Hawks

Try cleaning your computer for dusts etc
*]H[* Apollo|Hawks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 13:48   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye cheers guys for the help but the problem sorted itself, although since the problem I have installed .netframework etc so that might have been it.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
3dsmax9, fps, fromat, low