project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > OverClocking & Networking
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
OverClocking & Networking Anything related to Overclocking & Networking here

Old 2010-11-29, 11:34   #1
volks
Default Need Basic Information About Auto OC

Hi everyone!

I just bought a new motherboard MSI 870A Fuzion Power .

This card seems to have an auto-overclock feature which you activate with a button on itself.

and i have a pretty cheap processor which i'm going to change in 2 months : AMD Athlon II X4 630

and finally i have 4 gigs of DDR3 1600MHZ ram.

There is a guide for using that button and getting some performance over the CPU however, it currently has its original heatsink and fan which im not sure if its reliable to cool the cpu down after enabling that button.

Can someone give me a short suggestion about trying out that OC feature of the motherboard on my cpu OR just not bothering and waiting 2 months more to get a new processor ?

Regards
volks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 01:52   #2
SnipingCoward
Default Re: Need Basic Information About Auto OC

If its a built in feature it is probably covered by warrenty and therefore should be made to not burn the mobo... fire away, i'd say*. xD

* note: this post is pure speculation, I do not take responsibilty for any actions you take
Last edited by SnipingCoward; 2010-11-30 at 02:04..
Old 2010-12-24, 04:11   #3
SocketMan

Default Re: Need Basic Information About Auto OC

Check the temperature for the cpu cores (use hardwaremonitor from the cpuid web site),these Athlon 2 cpus run very cold so - without voltage increases you should be safe with the stock heatsink.
SocketMan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
auto, basic, information