project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-03-02, 12:33   #61
General Dragosh

Default Re: Anti aircraft vehicle, Why can they still be used as a solo driven/fired vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
Also, I'm fairly certain that the Tunguska and other "heavy" AA vehicles are far too powerful to be in PR and be balanced at the same time.
By this statement, the attack helicopters are too powerfull as well to be in PR and be balanced at the same time.

Im being an ass right now, but come on

My logic (real life logic ) :

1. Pilots DO NOT fly in AA territory, if they do they are either stuped or idiots
2. No sane Pilot in RL would fly in a AA territory, because the AA is Owerpowered of course
3. ( Bonus joke )Heli pilot should shit his pants if he flyes in AA territory

But i am anoyed how weak the AA is, yes i said its weak (because i can xD)

Anyway, hmm tough thing to say, solo vs 2man is a tough choice here but i think it should be like this

Light Mobile AA = Should be able to be soloed (and has 2 or multiple seats)
Heavy Mobile AA = Should be 2 maned (has also more than 2 seats if the vehicle allows it)

That would make sense, because the BRDM AA for example has only missles and cant missuse the weapon to shoot infantry, the Avenger on the other hand has a 50 cal and can abuse it to shoot infantry, but thats how you would use these weapons in real life anyway

But the Heavy Mobile AA should be 2 maned thats for sure, and it should counter any helicopter as well + i wished it had a longer lock range
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 19:47   #62
Oddsodz
Default Re: Anti aircraft vehicle, Why can they still be used as a solo driven/fired vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Dragosh View Post
That would make sense, because the BRDM AA for example has only missles and cant missuse the weapon to shoot infantry
Want to bet on that?

I Have used it just to do that very thing. With great success.
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 19:56   #63
TheComedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Dragosh View Post
+ i wished it had a longer lock range
And increase the 400m difference between a laser lock and AA lock? Make it even more unbalanced?
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 20:11   #64
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
And increase the 400m difference between a laser lock and AA lock? Make it even more unbalanced?
i cant be sure about the balance but an AA lock being farther than a laser lock makes sense to me. An AA lock tends to be in this case a radar lock which means as long as there's nothing in the way it can reach quite a distance. A Laser lock however requires that the aircraft in question be within a certain range so that the laser has not dissipated by refraction in the atmosphere. remember that in order to mark a target the laser must reach the target then get back to you so assuming you are the spotter situated 200m from the target the laser has to travel 400m in order for you to lock. same rule applies for the aircraft and i assume clouds and dust would make this even harder. a cold dry tundra being the best conditions.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 12:04   #65
General Dragosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
You know its really irritating when hueys just fly arround like wasps and bees and yet you never seem to be able to kill them, thats irritating, thats beacause i find it that the AA is really weak + the range is really not enough for me, pilots should fear the AA and not "Ima gona kill you first, cause the AA cant hit me for the shitz" =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddsodz View Post
Want to bet on that?

I Have used it just to do that very thing. With great success.
Well i ment it more like this -> Wasting BRDM AA missles on infantry is mostly just wasting if compared to the avenger where it has a 50 cal and it uses that to kill infantry

I mean you can just as crash a plane to kill someone, im just saying it would be a waste if you did that xD

+ Ive read that the Strela has 2 fiering modes for helicopters and airplanes, that would be awesome to implement
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, anti, driven or fired, solo, vehicle