project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-03-11, 12:18   #21
Teh0
Default Re: Scoped RPG 7

Are the sights going to be like in GL? Still rpg-29 tandem would be the best for primary Russian hat.
Teh0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:10   #22
samogon100500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh0 View Post
Are the sights going to be like in GL? Still rpg-29 tandem would be the best for primary Russian hat.
RPG-29 in very small quantity in Russian army.Also - thats sight on RPG-7 not so bad.
Also I got idea about RPG-7.In R/L RPG was served by 2 mans(Gunner and man with ammo).Every got 3 rounds.In PR - they carry only 2 rounds,why not to give him 1 FRAG round(with remove smoke or FRAG grenades)?
Would be awesome,cuz RPG got bad ballistics,but special ammo(FRAG) should be makes it more balanced with another launchers.I talking about both kits(HAT and altLAT at Russia/militia may be for hamas/taliban)

Also - some guys at servers says thats in characteristics it's more RPG-2 thats RPG-7.(means HEAT penetration)
samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:32   #23
Psyko

I'd love to see the GL sites on the RPGs. It would make it a little more surgical. also ^^^ this sounds good. an extra ammo type (if realistic) I think, or rather my presumtion was that the reasons RPGs are still so usefull for the russians is because they are light, narrow (as in, not as big and clunky as a Javlin for example) and one guy can carry a good few rockets on his back, but currently the russians only get one? i know you want to balance it out in game from the other HATs but Its not wire guided like the US and MEC HAT (is Chinese wire guided too? i cant remember)
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:48   #24
samogon100500

Reference photos.Looks easy to model.
samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 12:54   #25
Psyko

very shmexy. the RPG works in game well enough. it took me a few goes to find out where the center of the reticle was but i got it eventually through trial and error. this is going to be a continuous problem in the future. you cant assume your audiance will undertand it straight off the bat. (most of which have never fired a gun nevermind an RPG. up until they started playing PR they probibly didnt even know RPGs came with scopes because they were so missinformed by the quality of research on other games and TV shows)

suggestion: either put the reticle in the center and move the apature up a bit. Or put a little red cross hairs to indicate the center.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 15:58   #26
KnightFandragon

Those RPG Scopes are way more retarded then they need to be, why couldnt the Russians just keep it simple. Thier Scope on that thing hardly looks readable haha.....Thought the HAT RPG is beautiful though, 1 shotted a Merkava from the top with one of them. The other RPG is lame though.
KnightFandragon is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
rpg, scoped