project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-04-23, 21:18   #1
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Default Help!!

I feel like im being raped by a virus in real time! Although I dont think there is a virus actually here!

Okay so heres the story, I recently found my Il2 1946 and proceeded to install it on my system, when launching the installer, it was continually crashing so I cancelled the install and thought id try again later.

Although for some reason, my C-Drive is continually filling up with absolutely nothing!

It was on 15GB a minute ago, and it slowly, continually fills with stuff! it was down to 9GB a minute ago, so I deleted my downloads stuff to save some room incase it completely runs out, so it jumped back up to 14GB!

But now its BACK down to 13GB, and slowly, slowly getting further.

The only thing I can think of, is that when I Cancelled the Process of installation (due to the crashing of the installation program) it somehow ignored me and is still installing!

Any ideas would be grand, otherwise im probably gonna overload and if that happens, then goodbye!

Pic related - my HDD being raped!
Attached Thumbnails
13GB.jpg   12.9.jpg   12.6.jpg  
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 00:57   #2
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Default Re: Help!!

Well, the thread may be locked now as I managed to find an extra Installation Process deep inside my Task Manager, so its stopped eating my HDD.

Although could still do with a little bit of help, re-claiming the lost HDD space? I tried running CCleaner but it is still sitting on 10.9GB (where it stopped eating the space). Any ideas at all would be massively grateful, ive tried to find the installation folder for Il2, but there is nothing in there (+no hidden files either)
Old 2011-04-25, 20:36   #3
heroes maker

delete manually the folder who seems wrong, and make a clean-up with defrag
heroes maker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:17   #4
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

thats exactly the point, there isnt actually a new folder anywhere, its like it just filled it up with nothing! Ill try defrag'ing my HDD, and see if that helps, thanks!