project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-08-13, 18:02   #21
Smitty4212

That's not true.

The sniper accuracy is awful-- it's not like the rounds just drop, they deviate left/right too, and there's no way you can know which way it will go.

Also, a 7.62mm round will drop something like 24 inches at 400 meters, a range you can rarely engage someone at in-game with the weak scopes and short draw distances. I've rarely added in bullet drop when I shoot because if I have to add it in, it's likely that my shot will miss left/right anyways.

For example, from Mosque to the Warehouse on Muttrah is only like 250 meters or maybe even less.
Last edited by Smitty4212; 2006-08-13 at 20:54..
Old 2006-08-14, 02:04   #22
CuerpoDelSol

HERE HERE!!!, LOOK TO NOVALOGIC's DELTA FORCE FOR A GOOD SNIPER MODEL!!!!
Old 2006-08-14, 03:43   #23
APoutwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizinhuu
the sniper accuracy is great
remember of the bullet drop factor
if the target is very distant you have to shoot like 1m above his head
Wrong at 400 m the random bullet variation of the engine outweighs the bullet drop. Doing tests in bf2 with friends doing long range shots at wake we found that anticipating for bullet drop yielded less hits at 300-400 meters.
Old 2006-08-14, 05:39   #24
Dylan

Apouthwest, since I know for sure now that your using VBF2 as an example, try 16 man oman, and using the m24 from the guard post east of the start base. Look down torwards MEC main, and once someone goes ontop of the tall building at their spawn, aim about the size of his head higher. Perfect one shot kills every single shot.

Tags
accuracy, rifle, sniper