project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-05-03, 22:39   #1
Gen.Killer
Default Parachutes

I beleive parachutes should only be available to the pilots. And, even then there should only be pilot packs where the run-way is, as in FH. I do not like seeing people with a SMAW or M249, or ANY kit for that matter, being able to jump off buildings and parachute down. I hope and am sure that you guys will be able to implement this.
Gen.Killer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-03, 22:44   #2
m0ldym1lk

Default Re: Parachutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen.Killer
I beleive parachutes should only be available to the pilots. And, even then there should only be pilot packs where the run-way is, as in FH. I do not like seeing people with a SMAW or M249, or ANY kit for that matter, being able to jump off buildings and parachute down. I hope and am sure that you guys will be able to implement this.
And I'm sure you're probably right, and it probably will happen
m0ldym1lk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 00:03   #3
Figisaacnewton

Same thing here, and the parachutes need to work right, gradually slowing the player down, not instatnly. they also need to make the landing animation right, landing and bending your knees would not be very comfortable (ie blown kneecaps), landing and rolling makes more sense. also it d be nice if the parachute model could detach from the player and fall to the ground with a skeleton mesh thingy and stay there for 5 minutes, so you could hunt for the para troopers.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 00:36   #4
hundeswehr

exactly...bf2 parachutes allow you to even shoot in mid air.

total arcade feel that should be taken. downed pilots should eject then find a weapon
hundeswehr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 02:05   #5
Ugly Duck

K so... remove shooting ability from parachutes(duh).
And get rid of this new parachute model, only HALO forces use these, and your average pilot is not a halo jumper.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 02:49   #6
Tactical Advantage

So make it similar to America's Army video game.
Tactical Advantage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-07, 08:24   #7
Figisaacnewton

on the note of parachutes:

how the f*ck would you code ejector seats into a bf game? I can't think of any way to do it. except...

some how figure out how to code this: depending on the altitude of the jet, the point at which your guy appears upon exit changes. landing gear cycles (really just rotates) depending on altitude, why not exit points? maybe possible.

then, this is the iffy part, make the 'landing gear out' exit area like your guy hopped out of the plane, right next to the side of it, but make the player appear in the cockpit and have the cockpit it self be a vehicle that brakes off and becomes an ejector seat.

This requires you hold e for about a second to make it work right, or else you pretty much die from trying to standup in a cockpit.

then the ejector seat has to be (somewhow) coded so that it instantly fires a jet and then deploys a parachute after a half a second. then you are sitting in an ejector seat vehicle with a parachute stuck to it, slowly floating down... you can push e at any time, but that would be the equivilant of unbuckling yourself from the seat in mid air and you dont have a parachute on you. (laymans terms: you fall and die)

anyone else have some ideas? i dont think mine would work...
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-24, 22:14   #8
Sabre

i agree with....well i cant remember who said it but about not being allowed to open your parachute like5 feet from the ground
Sabre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-28, 18:28   #9
keef_haggerd

i like the idea of a pilot class, i have always wanted to see something like this. Do pilots carry pistols at least? Or maybe even a knife? Although it would suck not having a weapon, but it's a fair trade off.

Also not giving everyone parachutes would make for more realistic helicopter drop offs =)
keef_haggerd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
parachutes