project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Clans > Clan Recruitment
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Clan Recruitment Post here if you are looking for a clan, or wish to advertise vacancies within yours.

Old 2011-10-08, 17:40   #1
mattnett1
Banned
Default Tips for people looking for clans.

This is a little Tutorial prior to those that are looking for might look for a clan.

RECRUITMENT
First off, this is gonna be a pretty gibberish type of thing to say but you guys should ask members in the clan if the Leader is fair and good.

EXAMPLE:
You wanna join the 'Jaguar Wings' (Not a clan) and you see they have 6 members. You don't just reply/message the clan leader saying I wanna join! You ask at least 3 of the 6 members if he is a fair leader or not. This happens a lot. But 90% of the leaders in PR are very good.

WHAT YOU NEED
Don't go looking for clans that are like -snip- or that good stuff if you don't have a mic.
90% of the time that you do NOT have a mic, the leader declines you. Don't take this seriously but I know some people are very picky to those whom that don't have a mic.

Example:
You wanna join the 'Jaguar Wings' (Not a clan) and you do NOT have a mic. The leader 'Peter Flushy' (Not an actual person) says no because you don't have a mic. I would say Cheers to 'Peter Flushy' because he made a pretty nice choice there. Don't expect to get free into a clan with no mic. A microphone is critical.

HOW BIG THE CLAN IS
First off this is 65% a big issue for joining a clan. If a clan has like 1-6 members, I would join it. If the clan has over 50+ members, don't really join it. Why?? Because you might not be able to play in a squad with them. I know I will get dissed and that for this but I know that Big Clans in other MOD's of BF2 are pretty fragile about how many members there are.

Example: 'Jaguar Wings' have 6 members, Do you join them?
IF you picked yes, You will get about 2-7 games with them a week. (Depends on time)
If you picked NO and go with another big clan, you will get about 1-3 games with them a week. (Depends on time)

Example: 'Dell Bot' (Isn't a clan) has 47 members, Do you join them?
If you picked Yes, You will get about 1-2 games with them a week/month. (Depends on time)
If you picked NO, you will get about 2-7 games a week if you join 'Jaguar Wings'

REQUIREMENTS
About 90% of the good clans require these things.
1.Mumble
2.Team Speak
3.Microphone/Headset
4.Team Work
5.Communication Skills

If you have all of those things in mind and in reality, you will MOST Likely join that clan.

Example: 'Jaguar Wings' requirements are:
1.Mic
2.Mumble
3.Co-operative with others
If you have all of those you will join no problem. Other wise some clans are pretty picky for things you need but they are more better of a clan.

If you have Mumble and A mic you should be able to get in a small clan (3-10 members) very easily. But depends on the good ol' Leader.

SKILL LEVEL
Don't even think about joining a clan that specializes in Flying Choppers, Tanks, ect.
If you aren't good at Flying Choppers, dont' join it.
If you aren't good at Driving Tanks, don't join it.
This will make you look pretty fragile in the clan recruitment.
If you are AMAZING at flying choppers and air vehicles, but suck at Infantry and ground forces... Join a clan that specializes in Flying Air Vehicles. Don't just join a INF forces clan or that.

Example: The 'Crispy Crewmen' (Not a clan) clan is all about APC's/Tanks and that armoured stuff. They specialize in Armored Vehicles. If you SUCK at shooting the Tanks/APC's main gun, Say you are pretty bad with Shooting the main gun. You might not make it into the clan but you should alert the Leader first before you join.

**I would have Mumble if you are in a Air Vehicles/Ground Vehicles clan**

KNOW YOUR COMBAT
When I say "Know Your Combat" I mean you should know the basics... You should find this stuff HERE If you read 70% of the Posts about INF, and the stuff you want to learn about... I would join a clan after you read the stuff.

WEBSITES
Don't worry if the clan does or doesn't have a website. It really doesn't matter. Unless they are a big clan. I would say Websites would be the LAST thing to look for in a clan.

Thanks for reading new Recruits!

Have a great day.

EDIT - The rest of your post is fine, but it's unnecessary to specifically name a clan as you did.
Last edited by mattnett1; 2011-10-09 at 16:07..
Old 2011-10-09, 16:05   #2
mattnett1
Banned
Default Re: Tips for people looking for clans.

Admin or what ever... I made up a name.
I saw this Jaguar ad and then my mouse pad was a Red wings logo so I just made it up.

Sorry bout' that.
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 21:25   #3
Col_Kluts

mattnett1;

Let me begin by saying your posts (at least the ones I've seen) have a very appealing and professional format. Unfortunately, once I begin to read, the substance of your writing begins to lose it's professional appearance. When writing something like a tutorial, consider proof reading it and/or asking a friend to proof read it for you. Personally, I would avoid using words such as "gunna," "wanna," or "dissed." I would also avoid belittling an idea by saying that it is "gibberish." It's your idea, say it with confidence.

Be very careful when slinging numbers and percentages around. It is hard to say how many leaders are "good" because different people value different traits in a leader. Also, consider ranking your ideas chronologically with regard to their importance. Some readers might get thrown off when they read "this is 65% important." It is much easier on the reader as well as the writer to say, for example:

The most important things to look for when buying an avocado are as follows:

1. Check the coloration. Darker color usually means a riper avocado.

2. Check the texture. Do this by placing the avocado in your hand and gently squeezing it. (Without applying pressure through the fingertips as this can cause bruising to the avocado.) Do not buy it if it feels very solid or very soft, the best avocado is still firm but yields slightly to pressure.

3. And so on.

Your posts have the potential to grab the attention of every member of the PR community. I promise that if you take the time and effort to go the extra mile, your writings will begin to have a much larger impact. Keep it up, I look forward to your future posts!

Sincerely and respectfully;

Col_Kluts
Col_Kluts is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 21:04   #4
mattnett1
Banned

Sorry bout' that. Also, I do try my best. I do have limited time. If I had a good hour, I would write it like a Privacy Agreement.
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 21:22   #5
Smiddey723

a lot of this is just opinion, not tips...
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 08:10   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddey723 View Post
a lot of this is just opinion, not tips...
This. You're throwing statistics around that you clearly made up on the spot, in addition to adding details that are clearly opinion as opposed to common sense or fact.

I doubt you've ever actually been in a PR clan before.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 13:13   #7
Kwalc297
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnett1 View Post
HOW BIG THE CLAN IS
First off this is 65% a big issue for joining a clan. If a clan has like 1-6 members, I would join it. If the clan has over 50+ members, don't really join it. Why?? Because you might not be able to play in a squad with them. I know I will get dissed and that for this but I know that Big Clans in other MOD's of BF2 are pretty fragile about how many members there are.
Good effort with the suggestions. This however is not true. do you know how many members TG has? You have no idea how many. However TG is not what you would call a "clan" but brushing that aside for now. I play with TG'ers everynight in a squad. I actually think the bigger the clan the more people you have to play with. How good that clan is as an organisation is another question all together.
Kwalc297 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:10   #8
A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
I doubt you've ever actually been in a PR clan before.
I remember seeing threads about some clans his been making... All dead once as far as I know..
A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, people, tips