project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2012-07-20, 17:42   #11
Beee8190
Supporting Member

Default Re: Arma 2 system req

Mate I'd strongly, strongly recommend not to put money in older systems. You should be able to ubgrade to quad core CPU like Q6600 or 9850 but these, even on ebay keep their price and sell for price of new i3 from intel. Upgrade will get you going for only a little while more while the the money you would have to put in it would get you new hardware already or pretty close to it.

As of COD, that game is just so desperately outdated and pathetic, it's not even funny. That's why a friend of yours can run it.
Beee8190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:18   #12
MaSSive

Not a big deal but I dont know what do you expect to get with this upgrade. Then again I dont know which CPU do you exactly have now. I think it should be able to fit C2D E63000 and above but must know exactly. Its not big deal to do, but must be careful if you never did it before. Its actually up to 10 minutes of work. Remove heatsink, open latch, remove cpu, install new one, apply thermal grease, and reinstall heatsink. Thats it.

Edit : Ninjad...Nvm I just found on Dell forums that it can run C2Q up to Q6700

http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19245915.aspx
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 01:35   #13
Robster

Just to put it clear: if you are really interested and arma2 and do not want to waste your money go for some CPU up to 2.8Ghz and some GPU up to 1GB vram... basicallly some up to date machine... and you won't regret ever! cheers
Robster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:42   #14
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I also strongly suggest passing on this machine. 80 quid for it is a reasonable price, but it has almost no marginal utility for your desired uses.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
arma, req, system