project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2013-01-04, 08:48   #1
ddeo
Retired PR Developer
Default Request for a map!

Hi PR/BF2 mappers!
Topic is especially related to Polish Forces that's why I'm writing it here.

We are close to finish the Polish Forces content soon, 90% of necessary models are done, we are currently texturing our models. Other models like Twardy, or Honker and Honker Scorpion-3 are less necessary, but we have started working on them too!

Right now to use all this stuff we are in need of 2 maps, with completly different type of environment:

1. Central/Eastern Europe map.
We are/were working on 2 maps like this. One was Wroclaw Milenijny here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...y-2km-wip.html has been folded. Grober is currently working on Torgan Valley: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...y-2km-wip.html and Mi-24V Hind model. He will not have time to finish Wroclaw Milenijny map, but he told me that he can give the files to somebody who wants to continue his work on this map. There is a problem though, because he lost new statics he made for this map, like sidewalk.

It was just suggestion to continue working on Wroclaw map. If you are experienced mapper and you would like to prepare new map in forest style it may be even better. We are in need of bigger map with forests, fields, maybe small airfield to use our jets. Similar map to Chernarus from Arma2:
or Reforger:

Yeah that's how Poland looks too in some places. I could even make photo references, because I live in Eastern Poland, but we have less hills here.

2. Second map is Karbala, City Hall.
There was a big fight in Karbala's City Hall in 2004, where Polish and Bulgarian soldiers were defending City Hall against insurgents. Without further talk:
Karbala city hall defense 2004
Polish wiki: Bitwa o City Hall
Some images:

and videos:
Irak 2004 - 17bz Karbala obrona City Hall 1 - YouTube
11 12 04 2004 pierwsza noc obl

That's it. If you would like to make one of these maps, let me know. Thanks!
Last edited by [R-DEV]ddeo; 2013-01-04 at 12:10..
Old 2013-01-04, 18:24   #2
CTRifle
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Request for a map!

I had a map a while ago for this and I was told you didn't need one...

Old 2013-01-04, 19:37   #3
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Remember it was few months ago when Fresz was in charge. It wasn't my decision. If You would like to talk about it You have my xfire. But I see You're working already on many things, together with our GPBO grenade launcher and other map(s)?
Old 2013-03-17, 12:17   #4
Antol

Bumping request.
Is there any chance to make a night version of Karbala? It would perfectly fit to environment of this battle.

Tags
map, request