project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2012-12-16, 12:25   #11
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: [Vehicle] PT91 Twardy

Rhino has pretty much covered it, One thing I would say is the ERA tiles could be do-able if you make them into larger blocks, then bake down some normals and a AO for them. So for example the pannel on the sides. You simply "merge" that into a rectangle rather than having each individual block modeled. Then bake a highpoly. Like Rhino said, the Z-fighting from all those small blocks is just going to be too much so its going to have to be a compromise either way.

Wish I had a version of max on this machine I could whip you up a example or try a comparison of which way will work.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:32   #12
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

I'm going to rework whole ERA on the model, as I said model is old and nobody from our new team touched it yet. Hopefuly I will finish it today (I haven't actually started yet), but I have good feelings about it.

Once again thanks for help!

edit: I will not make it today, hehe, when I started fixing it I just noticed too many errors, it will take some time fixing them and remodelling some of the parts. Well, see you with Twardy in couple of days!

edit2: actually after getting closer look at it, model will need to be reworked from scratch.
Last edited by [R-DEV]ddeo; 2012-12-18 at 09:21..
Old 2013-04-29, 18:56   #13
Forgotten
Supporting Member

Can't see picture. That will be an original PT-91, or the T-72M1Z (T-72M1 modernized to PT-91 standard, different configuration of ERA).
PT-91
T-72M1Z / PT-91MA1
Old 2013-04-29, 19:07   #14
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

As you can see above, there is no PT-91 now, it need to be completely reworked, which is not worth doing at this stage, when we still have a lot of must have content unfinished, and have Leopard2A4 from Fininsh forces. We wil look more into it after first release of Polish Forces. This model is on hold for now.
Btw you can check priority of weapons and vehicles in design plan. Things with high are must in first release, wit medium should be, and ones with low we are mostly left for the future.

Tags
pt91, twardy, vehicle