project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2013-04-29, 15:33   #11
Lt Col Keith
Default Re: bullet drop with sniper rifle...

Sorry, I apologise for being a bit dim. If I am using the Lee Enfield in the Falkands mode. do I have to allow for drop if the range is above say 500 yards? Also when we used these "planks" for real we allowed for wind at long range; is this modelled. I served only as a rifleman and was never a sniper in the army; but if called upon in game I would hate to miss.
Old 2013-04-29, 17:36   #12
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

No, sniper rifles in Falkands are bugged atm, so they are in fact less accurate then, say, DMRs. I would completely avoid using them atm. They are AFAIK so inaccurate, that at distances where bullet drop starts to matter you cant hit the target due to general inaccuracy.

Old 2013-04-29, 17:54   #13
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye sniper rifles in PR:F right now are totally bugged to the point where they are unusable past 500m or something, due to the bullet veering off in a random direction.

This bug we aim to fix for the next release of PR:F. Once fixed, then you will need to account a little for bullet drop when firing at range, but till then, avoid using a sniper rifle as your better off with a normal rifle

Old 2013-04-30, 09:49   #14
Lt Col Keith

Thanks guys, I'll stick to my old buddy, the FNFAL for close work.( Pitty we didn't have the SA80). Having said this , in reality, the Lee Enfield 303 was one great "plank" and accurate in the right hands.
Sorry for taking time up on your forum.
Old 2013-05-07, 17:49   #15
Vicious302
Banned

I used a sniper rifle on the infantry small version and had no problem getting getting 16 kills. Granted I may have gotten within the 500m range.
Old 2013-05-07, 18:51   #16
Murphy

I have had some success with the sniper rifle, but I was well within the 500 meter mark. On the other hand the Marksmen rifle is just as accurate and has the ability to grant the shooter a quick follow up shot if/when needed.

The only real issue I had with either rifle was in the night version, the optics are really hard to distinguish from the background - 1st world problems I suppose.

Tags
bullet, drop, rifle, sniper