project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-09, 20:57   #1
Raic
Default [Minor/Animation] SVD magazine full when removed

Might be old problem, still. When reloading SVD the animation looks directly into the magazine showing that it still has rounds in it. Minor aesthetics.

Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 21:04   #2
Wing Walker
Default Re: [Minor/Animation] SVD magazine full when removed

I've noticed this also with other guns, like the .50cal, when it is out of ammo the ammo belt still shows rounds feeding into the chamber, the sound makes a click though when you pull the trigger.

It was a little confusing to me the first time wondering why it wasn't shooting.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:26   #3
MrTomRobs
Default Re: [Minor/Animation] SVD magazine full when removed

As far as I can remember, this has been mentioned a few times. Hell, I think I might have mentioned it myself! From what I can remember, it's due to the engine not being able to handle having rounds in the chamber (or, if you have 1 in the chamber, and then add a full magazine, the BF2 engine cannot make that add up to 31, it can only have 30 and that is all thankyouverymuch).

I seem to remember the Dev who did the animations saying that there can only be one animation for each process.

However, I've seen a video which has both of these issues rectified and it has most definitely been posted on these forums, so hopefully there is something in the works for a future release.
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
full, magazine, minor or animation, removed, svd