project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-08-18, 23:36   #1
Raic
Default PRMumble conflicts with Mumbles Overlay

If you have normal Mumble with Overlay enabled and you launch PRMumble you get an error telling you the overlay fails. However if the normal mumble crashes or is shutdown after you have started a game the PRMumble will take over the overlay with default overlay settings. It shows all players on the server and blacks out good portion of the screen.

-You can test it by launching *Mumble with overlay enabled.
-Launching PR and then shutting down the *Mumble
-Join server or start PRMumble and all players will appear on screen.

This happened with the older PRMumble versions as well, but then those used the Mumble overlay, I was under impression the latest PRMumble does not use the normal mumble overlay? Would be great if it was possible to remove this, so I could use overlay on normal mumble alongside PRMumble.

*Normal unmodified mumble.
Last edited by Raic; 2013-08-19 at 22:01..
Old 2013-08-19, 00:38   #2
Wifout Teef
Default Re: PRMumble conflicts with Mumbles Overlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raic View Post
If you have normal Mumble with Overlay enabled and you launch PRMumble you get an error telling you the overlay fails. However if the normal mumble crashes or is shutdown after you have started a game the PRMumble will take over the overlay with default overlay settings. It shows all players on the server and blacks out good portion of the screen.

-You can test it by launching Mumble with overlay enabled.
-Staring PR and then shutting down the Mumble
-Join server or start PRMumble and all players will appear on screen.

This happened with the older PRMumble versions as well, but then those used the Mumble overlay, does the current PRMumble use the overlay at for something? Would be great if it was taken out.
I'm confused, why are you launching mumble manually? Mumble is now integrated into PR and should restart automatically when you close it.
Wifout Teef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 01:03   #3
Raic

Mumble is voice communication program and as such is used for far more than just to play PR.
Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 21:04   #4
havoc1482

Quote:
Mumble is voice communication program and as such is used for far more than just to play PR.
Yes we know, but why are you launching a separate mumble when playing PR? Are you in a mumble server with friends? Then that might conflict with PR mumble. PR mumble is integrated into 1.0 you don't need to launch a separate program.
havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 21:56   #5
Raic

Obviously I am using normal Mumble for something.
Old 2013-08-20, 01:06   #6
havoc1482

Quote:
Obviously I am using normal Mumble for something.
Drop the attitude, no one will help you act like we're idiots.

It looks like you can either disable the overlay in vMumble when you play PR, or don't use it at all when you play PR. Until, of course, the Devs find a solution, if they find a solution. I don't think an overlay issue with people using vMumble alongside PRMumble is a priority for them.
havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 01:38   #7
Raic

As far as I know the mumble overlay is not used by PRMumble so I reported that it has this sort of behavior which might be unintended. I am well aware what I can do about it and did not come here seeking help.

And obviously problem persist until action is taken.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:44   #8
Ca6e

PR Mumble 1.0 is docked in PRLuncher, so for using mumble in the PR game, u dont need to lunch mumble first, before the game! Game will lunch it, and it will load PR overlay, the last one u used in PR mumble before PR1.0.

If u have problems with your overlays, just open PR mumble 1.0, load your saved layout and just save it again (overwrite it). close mumble and run the game!

Worked for me.

And next time use "search" function.
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 00:39   #9
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

lol, don't worry, I know what you mean Raic, even if these other guys don't .

I'll look into it sometime down the road, in the meantime, try disabling the overlay in normal Mumble. If that fails, try also resetting PR Mumble's settings to default by either using the option in PR Mumble's options menu, or deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Project Reality\PR Mumble in registry. Also try doing the same with Mumble, with its registry settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mumble\Mumble. If that all fails, bugger, just have to wait until I get around to doing something .

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
conflicts, mumbles, overlay, prmumble