project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-28, 12:12   #11
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: GPMG/MG kit loose optics in update?

I kinda wish you would give all of the gpmg's an optic of sorts, maybe its my crappy resolution but i struggle to see the enemy unless they are quite close with the ironsight gpmg, and in those cases it just isn't the right gun for the job. Also the recoil is somewhat deceiving, it feels like it is pulling left but on further testing it seems to correct itself back to center again before the next shot. My final view on it is that the recoil makes it difficult to stay on target and with all these factors combined i shall be sticking to the AR for now, even though the gpmg looks and sounds so much cooler.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 12:44   #12
KneeHiGh
Supporting Member

So the Brits only have an iron sight version because in real life they don't get any optics unlike their US counterparts?
KneeHiGh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 16:11   #13
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Would it be possible to have the center of the screen zoom in like the old pkm the russians had?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 16:29   #14
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeHiGh View Post
So the Brits only have an iron sight version because in real life they don't get any optics unlike their US counterparts?
That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_jnr_jnr View Post
Would it be possible to have the center of the screen zoom in like the old pkm the russians had?
No, that was when it was a placeholder for the Pecheneg, which does have the capacity for a scope. The BA and RM do not seem to have any plans to mount magnified day optics on their GPMGs in the light role and the C2 sight used in the sustained fire (tripod) role is used to lay sectors of fire using landmarks/for targets not in direct line of sight. It's basically identical to a mortar sight.

Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 12:40   #15
Pronck
Supporting Member

I like the GPMG without a scope since I mainly use it for suppressing the enemy's firing points and not as a an accurate super rifle even though it is quite accurate. As an SL I advice you to let him team up with an AR or someone else with a scoped rifle.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:37   #16
Mikemonster

Surely if the British Army found themselves playing PR they would fit a sight, seeing as it would kill the enemy so much better in that specific environment..
Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:44   #17
Hurricane
Supporting Member

On a side note .... the MG3 with EOTech is really badass! I mean it's not super-effective at long range such as the M240B with the Elcan on top but it's still really cool and a nice improvement over the ironsight version. And it's incredibly intimidating, just as in real life.
Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:58   #18
Kerryburgerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
On a side note .... the MG3 with EOTech is really bad
FTFY, Why can't you select it without the holo sight? Takes up too much view space.
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:32   #19
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryburgerking View Post
FTFY, Why can't you select it without the holo sight? Takes up too much view space.
Alternative Machine-Gunner kit (right click) gets the iron sights MG3 iirc.
edit: okay, I was wrong. Just tested on local coop and both have the EOTech. Alt Machine-Gunner should get the iron sights MG3 then imo.

Last edited by Hurricane; 2013-09-10 at 14:41..

Tags
gpmg or mg, kit, loose, optics, update