project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
01 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2014-06-16, 17:11   #1
Frozenskies
Default More coop maps

Hey I was wondering if there are any plans for releasing more coop maps in the future
Frozenskies is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 18:22   #2
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

Thumbs up Re: More coop maps

they will do it, we have a bunch of co-op maps already

but yeah, it'd be awesome to see mappacks again
SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 04:01   #3
Ragnarok1775
Default Re: More coop maps

Rather than map-packs, just have them all integrated into the main installer. I don't see any reason to get rid of any maps, maybe just correct some issues here and there but not remove them entirely. When I was a kid with a 1GB hard disk and 14.4Kbps modem it might be a problem, but size and download speed aren't an issue in the modern broadband world. I did especially like playing on the maps that were supposed to take place in the US.
Ragnarok1775 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 00:22   #4
X-Alt

The devs could fix the .957 Map Pack installer to not require pr.exe, fix the init.cons, make it a huge deal with big flashy news post and have some happy people playing Sunset City on their preferred Co-Op server.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 03:10   #5
Ragnarok1775

Yeah. We also lost Hills of Hamgyong (which is actually in North Korea), "Streets 2", the alt versions of Kashan (it was called something else and had Brits, I think at night, but map was identical). It is a little inconvenient to get thrown off a server when the map changes to something you don't have, so I'd rather see all the maps fixed and wrapped into the official installer/updater.
Old 2014-06-21, 03:27   #6
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1775 View Post
Yeah. We also lost Hills of Hamgyong (which is actually in North Korea), "Streets 2", the alt versions of Kashan (it was called something else and had Brits, I think at night, but map was identical). It is a little inconvenient to get thrown off a server when the map changes to something you don't have, so I'd rather see all the maps fixed and wrapped into the official installer/updater.
Have it external download ala 0.95-.98, the devs want to keep PR's size manageable, and I am sure some dedicated co-op servers like Veteran's gamers will take care of it. Desert Rats was the name, it had different staticobjects btw.
Old 2014-06-21, 04:09   #7
Ragnarok1775

Oh ok. I knew it was Desert something. Kashan is about 90MB...so the missing 15 maps or so could end up being over 1GB...
Old 2014-06-21, 14:07   #8
X-Alt

Quote:
Oh ok. I knew it was Desert something. Kashan is about 90MB...so the missing 15 maps or so could end up being over 1GB...
It was 1.51GB (installer).
Old 2014-06-21, 14:34   #9
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

Quote:
desert rats
SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 14:22   #10
Michael Z Freeman

More Coop maps are always great ! However PR must already be the mod with the most Coop maps in it.
Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, maps