project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-10-03, 07:07   #51
Danger_6
Default Re: Angry players and stress projection...

KD is all about estimating whether you win the fight. I have the experience to look at the scoreboard and guess within 50 tickets or so the enemy's real ticket count.

Bad KD also shows you that you need to change your tactics. Good KD shows that you are dealing more damage to enemy then they are to you. You must also think about respawning. If you're getting kills that means you are disrupting the enemy from completing their objectives by preventing their movement to certain strategic points.
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 04:41   #52
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
I suggest learning how to lead a squad if you're that dissatisfied. If you learn how to keep a squad together you can't really have a "bad" game because even if you get steamrolled, you'll still be teamworking and communicating, which I think is the most satisfying part of PR.

By the way, Psyrus, I've not sure if living in Japan is going to help your pessimism
Ironically one of the best experiences i've had in PR was screaming GRITs, or some other nonsensical directions there of, at each other as we were over run and steam rolled by literally EVERYTHING. Of course it's better when you win but if you communicate well and can really jive with your squad, losing can be pretty awesome too.

I recently crewed a tank with a very angry individual, i drove he gunned. He fired a shot at a Chinook, when it didnt explode he asked me if i saw him hit it, i said no then explained to him i didn't see the tank cannon fire nor the shell at all (I assume it was a bug because he insists that he fired a round) so the bird got away and he starts calling BS and all that. He subsequently misses his first shot at an APC and again asks me for my observation as the APC begins to scurry away. I saw the shot this time and told him he may have skimmed over top of it. he then starts spazzing out about how theres absolutely no way he missed because he's a great shot. I tell him to shut up and shoot again. he hits and thats that, the round ended shortly after.

Decent shots and Great shots all miss from time to time, the only difference is how quickly they pull themselves together to take the next shot.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Last edited by Bringerof_D; 2014-10-07 at 04:56..
Old 2014-10-09, 20:18   #53
Fir3w411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_6 View Post
????? According to whom? What should APCs do? Aren't they meant for fire support?

You need to reevaluate how you play this game.

Also, insurgents get mortars on 1kmaps<; and they should damn well use them. Problem is then solved with super fobs.

Murphy hit the nail on the head with his post.

This is the annoying thing with PR these days. People don't try and find tactics to counter their enemies. They just expect to run towards the enemy, without understanding the mechanics of the game, hoping for as many kills as possible. Then when that doesn't work they find it necessary to complain that the game needs to be changed for 'balance'.

Last I checked ins was all about asymmetrical warfare. This means you will never achieve such balances.

Use your brains guys. Sometimes the situation might be fubar, but these situations are rare. Most of the time people just don't take insurgency seriously.
You people don't get it do you. How many times do I have to repeat my self before someone figures it out?

An APC is for fire support, but what I have already written out boldy and in plain English twice is that it shouldn't be OK for an apc to get 100 kills firing into the CACHE ROOM (the room which the cache lies in, where you spawn, where you pickup weapons to FIGHT the APC, yeah that one). It'd be better if you could spawn on multiple rooms of the building instead of one where the apc can camp you in, is one solution I think you people might understand

I'd add more which I have tons to say about, but it seems like this isn't something people think about or realise.
Last edited by Fir3w411; 2014-10-09 at 20:24..
Old 2014-10-11, 06:32   #54
Danger_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3w411 View Post
An APC is for fire support
And a couple of posts ago:

Quote:
Last time I checked, caches aren't supposed to be camped by an APC
The hypocrisy is overwhelming...

Before you accuse others of not understanding please understand what you have written in the past and what you are writing in the present.

But to continue back to the previous discussion.

You're correct in saying that it's not 'OK' for an APC to get 100 kills camping a cache. And what I mean by that is, it's not 'OK' for the insurgents to allow that. The only reason that can happen is bad comms on a team, assuming you are speaking about them spawning on it.

You claim that people should use their brains, but why not implement that advice in game and simply communicate to prevent further spawns on a cache and an effective and expeditious counterattack on that apc from a different location?
Last edited by Danger_6; 2014-10-11 at 06:38..
Old 2014-10-11, 11:16   #55
fatalsushi83

Quote:
My point is that it's extremely frustrating how an APC or CAS can just camp out a cache, while getting intel from all those kills, and there is very little you can do about it when there is (for example) an APC covering the one firing on the cache, as well as infantry too. That is what happened in what I said, they camped it out and gained 40 intel points 10 minutes into the game, nothing we could do because a super fob and another APC was covering the other.

What makes it worse is when this happens on factions where there can't be civis, Blufor can't lose those intel points they get.
Thankfully blufor won't be able to get intel with heavy assets like APCs in the next patch. Also, I get the frustration of getting spawn killed but keep in mind that insurgents still win most of the time as the devs have said before. Blufor may get the better toys but they still have a harder time winning.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
angry, players, projection, stress