project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-09-25, 21:38   #1
Trekkie
Default Need tips for training in local co-op mode

Gotta get good with these assets and weapons. But I launch a co-op local server and the bots take the assets I want, or else I get like two choppers, crash them both, have to wait forever... is there a nice training / bootcamp map I can download to train on? Noobs need a bootcamp with all the vehicles, weapons and stuff lined up... and like... enemies coming one at a time across a field, that kind of thing. Noob-friendly landing zones. I am having a terrible time landing the Chinook, and it's the only chopper I can get into half the time.
Trekkie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 21:47   #2
Fir3w411
Default Re: Need tips for training in local co-op mode

Download Test Airfield map. It has (I think) every aircraft in the game, and some vehicles (with infinite respawns). It's really for training for CAS / trans, so if you want to practice armor this probably isn't the map.

To install go to your BF2 directory, and go to 'mods/pr/levels' and put the map in there.
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 22:40   #3
Trekkie

Thanks so much, I'll try that out. I'm sure there's a map I can pick and settings I can pick and a couple command lines I can pick that will be good for armor training... it's the CAS I'm really having the most trouble with.
Old 2014-09-27, 17:55   #4
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

If you want to have 96 bots in game, follow melonmuncher's steps in this thread:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...e-bots-sp.html

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 12:01   #5
MaSSive

Use local rcon to spawn yourself an asset.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...-commands.html

Note that spawning something that isn't programmed for a map you currently play on will crash your game.
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 17:10   #6
Trekkie

mmmm... rcon debug does nothing... rcon spawner does nothing... I'm French on Marlin Co-op Alt... in local co-op mode... not sure what I'm doing/not doing wrong
Old 2014-11-07, 17:31   #7
Trekkie

one post suggested examining some files in my pr/python/game folder... and all I found in my realityconfig_local file that seemed relevant was bits of PRDEBUG_ALL stuff that had no 1 or 0 attached to it, or that looked like it was part of a code comment... no PRDEBUG_ALL = 0 though... still managed to teach myself to pilot the panther pretty good just gotta work on those landings
Old 2014-11-07, 19:00   #8
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
one post suggested examining some files in my pr/python/game folder... and all I found in my realityconfig_local file that seemed relevant was bits of PRDEBUG_ALL stuff that had no 1 or 0 attached to it, or that looked like it was part of a code comment... no PRDEBUG_ALL = 0 though... still managed to teach myself to pilot the panther pretty good just gotta work on those landings
IIRC, it's in the coop one?
I use: ctrl+f to find it... it's way at the bottom tho.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, local, mode, tips, training