PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-28, 01:31   #41
Firepower01

Default Re: Shooting Pheasants with a Drainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Cheers

S-15 Javelins where phased out of service for both UK and Canadian Forces some time ago and for the Brits at least, not sure about the CF, replaced by the Starstreak and Stinger missiles.

It would also require quite a bit of remodelling as the Blowpipe and Javelin dose have some big visual differences, the biggest visual difference being the sights with the Blowpipe having a big round IR sight on the top middle with a small optical sight to its left where the Javelin has its IR and Optical sights fully integrated into a big box component in the same sorta place:

Blowpipe:

S-15 Javelin:

As for Starstreak, while there is a shoulder fired version out there, I really dunno how much its used within the British Army, if at all? I've only ever seen the LML or the Stormer HVM versions of it ever being used? Again thou its visually pretty different from the blowpipe, even more so than the S-15 Javelin:

Hopefully at some point in the future someone might make a Starsteak LML for the Brits Deployable AA but pretty low priority, ideally a task for someone in the community if anyone is up for it:
Blowpipe for Canada would probably be more realistic than the Stinger though? At least Canada has issued the Blowpipe in the past, I don't think we've ever used Stingers.
Old 2014-05-28, 09:09   #42
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower01 View Post
Blowpipe for Canada would probably be more realistic than the Stinger though? At least Canada has issued the Blowpipe in the past, I don't think we've ever used Stingers.
Well seeing at 33% of the missiles brought out of storage for use in the Gulf War by the Canadians back 1991, misfired in some way, I doubt they have any lying about still and if they did, I would hate to think what the misfire rate would be now

Dunno how many S15 Javelins they still have in stock, they may bring them out if required and they had enough but its probably more likley they would buy Stingers from their friendly neighbours if going to fight in a conflict where they would need them.

Old 2014-08-01, 10:06   #43
Simple-jack1969

Well I think you can clean your colon with those "drainpipe"...
Old 2014-12-18, 03:39   #44
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

C'est supercool

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Closed Thread

Tags
blowpipe, clos, drainpipe, falklands, javelin, manpad, missile, pheasants, prf, sam, shooting