project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2015-02-21, 17:56   #121
SIDEKILL3R
Supporting Member

Default Re: Feedback on deviation

Wish if there some way in the next update that accuracy can be tweaked or deviation just a little bit so to make engagements a lot longer like the 0.97, 0.98 days just a little bit and bring back that old feel
SIDEKILL3R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 19:37   #122
Arduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoff View Post
One thing that could possibly help lower the pace of battle, decrease that run and gun behavior and also increase realism is if we had an additional factor for the deviation calculation based on the amount of stamina you have. So if you have been sprinting too much you get your overall deviation increased by a factor that is bigger, the lower your stamina is. But stamina should only start afecting deviation when it's lower than maybe 70% or so.
I had a nice post ready but I went to delete a mistake and it went to the previous webpage
Anyway, I went on to elaborate this should be weighted on a linear scale.
Example:

100% STA = 100% ACC
80% STA = 90% ACC
60% STA = 70% ACC
40% STA = 50% ACC
20% STA = 10% ACC

Granted, this is just to illustrate my idea, and should be no means be taken as it is - I think players would
enjoy this system as it would make people realize that sprinting is a RESOURCE and if you run for even
a little while your body needs time to settle (reduce breathing rate back to normal, calm nerves/muscles, etc)
so that doing something intense / precise (like shooting) would suffer proportionately.

Making people think about movement is a good thing, imo. Squads have been moving wantonly
not giving a flying rat's azz about cover or stamina or positioning. I'm tired of seeing X Squad
bee-line to Point A taking up a room somewhere "waiting for the cap" Squads should have to think
about their surroundings and potential threats and manage themselves accordingly.

This would make CQC nice (since you're typically only sprinting a room or so at a time and therefore
keep 90-100% accuracy. It would also make long range fights a bit slower (taking fire right after
running to the objective or en route means you're tired/breathing hard and should take cover to
steady/breathe before returning fire (like a normal person would irl anyway)

This system also makes Ambushes much more viable (ie Insurgency) because they've all been sitting
there, steeling themselves for this moment. They'd have their sights settled, stamina at max (or
most of it, most likely) and the blufor would be moving about trying to find the cache.
Arduras is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 01:26   #123
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

If we could vary accuracy with stamina, we would have done it a long time ago.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 02:25   #124
Arduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]M42 Zwilling View Post
If we could vary accuracy with stamina, we would have done it a long time ago.

That's mildly depressing, I heard perhaps memory hacking (someone said that was how
thermals were implemented?) could do it?
Arduras is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
agree, deviation, feedback, weapon, weapon deviation