project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2015-06-15, 09:44   #1
moj
Default Update to 1.3.1 has screwed up my install

Up until running the update everything worked okay, but now after installing the update I get an error message telling me this:

8: Unable to find root BF2 Directory. Please reinstall Project Reality: BF2

I haven't changed any files or folders prior to this, since installing 1.3 (my PR/BF2 folders are in exactly the same place, on exactly the same drive, with exactly the same drive letter as before), and everything was working fine before. I really don't want to have to reinstall everything if it can be avoided.

e2a: Besides, won't reinstalling, and then updating again, just result in the same problem?
moj is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 10:38   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Update to 1.3.1 has screwed up my install

You probably do not have to reinstall. Are you using a shortcut to launch PR? If you do check that the start in parameter is set to "C:\Games\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\bin"
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 10:54   #3
moj

No, this is from clicking the prlauncher.exe file (I don't have a shortcut anymore, distracts me too much ).

My PR folder path is "H:\Project Reality BF2" so I'm wondering if not having it in the default C: drive folder is the problem (although it hasn't been until now).

e2a: Okay, problem solved. Not sure why, but trying the prlauncher.exe a 6th or 7th time installed the update again and now it's working! Very odd.
Last edited by moj; 2015-06-15 at 10:59..
Old 2015-06-15, 10:55   #4
DC_K
Supporting Member

reopen the launcher from \pr\bin, it should auto update.. if not, try running PRBF2.exe from your Project Reality BF2 folder first, close it, then reopen the launcher. worked for me this way for some reason.
DC_K is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 12:32   #5
moj

This is weird, if I run the launcher exe from prspy or search for the file in Windows Explorer then click the result entry, I still get the error, but if I go directly into the folder itself and launch exactly the same file (I've checked) it works fine.
Old 2015-06-15, 12:34   #6
moj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_K View Post
reopen the launcher from \pr\bin, it should auto update.. if not, try running PRBF2.exe from your Project Reality BF2 folder first, close it, then reopen the launcher. worked for me this way for some reason.
Yeah it seems to be quite finicky for some reason.

Tags
install, screwed, update