project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2015-07-01, 16:44   #21
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: New computer build...thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post
I have a very strict budget actually. I'm only looking to spend probably around 1200 ( a little wiggle room), I wont go past 1500. I will probably go with intel. Because I just remembered that I haven't had good luck with AMD. I will most likely be going with a i5 for my PCU. But...my question is...what motherboard? I never understood how to pick the best motherboard for your other components of your computer. I will have a GTX 980 for my GPU.
I already posted this...
Intel Core i5-4460, Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury X, BitFenix Comrade - System Build - PCPartPicker

You don't need to worry about motherboard's "performance" for intel, you just need to pick the cheapest one based on what features you need.

You are wasting your money if you have a $1200 build without appropriate gpu to go with it.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-07-01 at 16:57..
Old 2015-07-02, 23:17   #22
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

To agree a third time with everyone regarding mobo, cheapest decent brand that has the features you want.
I for example want an SPDif out to plug in my sound bar, that makes the cheapest mobo's not an option.

AMD CPUs seem to run some games better but not most.

I have an AMD and a Nvidia system and although the radeon is many times better than my Nvidia it seems to put this arty very slightly out of focus/softer feel to the graphics on PR which i don't like. So I prefer PR on my shity Laptop then on a 6870.
I also find the control panel that is always in the system tray absolutely horrible, it is odd but I put a 6870 in my wife's computer, and after my laptop with its 9600M GT I don't want another AMD GPU ... ever.

This makes me sad as we would all benefit if Intel had more competition, but I'm not spending my cash on it.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 06:41   #23
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I have an AMD and a Nvidia system and although the radeon is many times better than my Nvidia it seems to put this arty very slightly out of focus/softer feel to the graphics on PR which i don't like. So I prefer PR on my shity Laptop then on a 6870.
I also find the control panel that is always in the system tray absolutely horrible, it is odd but I put a 6870 in my wife's computer, and after my laptop with its 9600M GT I don't want another AMD GPU ... ever.
Seems to me that you don't know how to use CCC, RadeonPro, or both and played at wrong resoltion/aa type.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 06:50   #24
Cossack
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Seems to me that you don't know how to use CCC, RadeonPro, or both and played at wrong resoltion/aa type.
Seems that you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 06:55   #25
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
Seems that you are always right and everyone else is wrong.
I'm not always right.

But you are wrong when you are wrong, no surprise there.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
buildthoughts, computer