project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2014-09-07, 10:22   #21
B2P1
Default Re: [Map] Pakistani mountain lake (2km) [WIP]

Yea that's been fixed already. Cliffs tend to really look unnatural in the editor so I've decided to slope it from multiple angles.
B2P1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 19:37   #22
B2P1

Okay, I'm going to give this another try...

I've got a new image of how I want the map to look like and I'll post my new thoughts in a day or two. I found a better description of an environment I'm going for (Chitral/Nuristan province in Afghanistan) but with an industrialised touch.

And I lowered the height of my level significantly from 300 to 220.

Now my HeightmapSecondary_D1 got corrupted (It's all a spiky mess), I still have the original Heightmap (the one is used in that BF heightmap tool) and the DEM files, what's the best way to replace it? Cut it out and do it manually? Or is there a way I can run the tool again? Can it get corrupted by editing terrain close to the primary heightmap/secondary heightmap border?

Also I copied the water.con file from the old burning sands file, but like all the other community WIP maps it has this line down the middle. I believe it has something to do with the environment maps, but I haven't studied that yet.
Last edited by B2P1; 2015-07-15 at 20:54..
Old 2015-07-16, 06:00   #23
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

You can just put the new heightmap in the BF heightmap tool, generate new secondary terrains and just replace the old ones in your level folder.

Afaik the line will disappear after you lightmap the map and or generate envmaps.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, lake, map, mountain, pakistani, wip