project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Old 2017-04-06, 19:48   #11
Vista
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: PRTA Tournament - Operator Unit Tournament - Signups OPEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
I am very sad to hear you won't be participating.

Regarding the entrant Chav and alleged hacking - please take it to either PRTA forums or report to Server Admins (realitymod) with proof, in order to get him banned from all PR servers, as he is currently not banned from any.

Please refrain from debating player issues on a promotional post. Thank you for your understanding.

Oh and btw, there is always potential of hacking, regardless of who signs up. If anything, the ones you do not expect have more chance of staying undetected.

What are you going to do? Add this to his 'personal file'?

I wonder how the few people that signed up for this feel like playing with a cheater among them. You already know that if you get shot BVR through 10 bushes, someone must've activated his 'Unlimited BVR glitch'.
Also check out the cheeky VAC ban, must be purely conincidental amirite?
Last edited by Vista; 2017-04-06 at 19:53..
Old 2017-04-08, 17:22   #12
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

64 slots? Thats very optimistic. Good luck. Good idea but I think pr is lacking units for that (maybe Im wrong). I honestly would have gone double elimination with less teams, I think that would have been more funnier, but you are the organizer here.

I have a question about these 3 points:
- Knock-out tier-based tournament, where units of up to12 players fight in various 8v8 skirmishes.
- 25-minute matches with 20 tickets, forcing you to play agressively and decisively.
- One-Life module, adding that extra tension of making your life count in the match.

Do these work together? I mean, unless you disabled it, losing a single flag will make you lose. Also, why 20 tickets if there are only 16 to lose (the flag loss doesnt matter here).
Did you add special settings other than one life or why these additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Regarding the entrant Chav and alleged hacking - please take it to either PRTA forums or report to Server Admins (realitymod) with proof, in order to get him banned from all PR servers, as he is currently not banned from any.

[...]

Oh and btw, there is always potential of hacking, regardless of who signs up. If anything, the ones you do not expect have more chance of staying undetected.
Chav would be banned from all servers, if his current hash would be given out... by PRTA. It is known (atleast to me) that he is playing on all servers using different names. And there is enough proof and it has been reported multiple times. Dont act like it didnt happen..

About the 2nd quoted point: Yet those who have been proofen, should be removed, dont you think? Of course you can suspect anyone, you can also investigate anyone, but once there is proof he should be removed.

Not expecting an answer on these points, just on the above ones.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 21:22   #13
Vista
PR Server License Administrator

Yeah it'd be really nice to get his Cdkey hash :^)
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 23:47   #14
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
64 slots? Thats very optimistic. Good luck. Good idea but I think pr is lacking units for that (maybe Im wrong). I honestly would have gone double elimination with less teams, I think that would have been more funnier, but you are the organizer here.

I have a question about these 3 points:
- Knock-out tier-based tournament, where units of up to12 players fight in various 8v8 skirmishes.
- 25-minute matches with 20 tickets, forcing you to play agressively and decisively.
- One-Life module, adding that extra tension of making your life count in the match.

Do these work together? I mean, unless you disabled it, losing a single flag will make you lose. Also, why 20 tickets if there are only 16 to lose (the flag loss doesnt matter here).
Did you add special settings other than one life or why these additions.
Doesn't need to be a clan. Randomers can just create their own squads, so I'm aiming at mixed squads or just fun squads aswell as the more organized ones or clan/community based ones. And 64 is the upper limit, there can be only 10 for all I care, it would only make everything shorter though, and less tense maybe. We will see how it pans out and adjust accordingly for the next season.

About the question, all maps are changed so that all flags are cappable (in order) and that only the first ones are capped. So even if it has only 3 flags like Burning Sands Skirmish Alt, which is default MEC-MEC-UK, it's now MEC-NEUTRAL-UK.

C['SKIRMISH_TICKETS_CP'] = 5 -> means 5 tickets are lost if a flag is capped from one side to another. So there is more to lose than only 16 tickets. In the event that a team gets wiped clean, the other team can simply roll over all the remaining flags and win on the last flag superbleed. 20 tickets is an eyeball figure that would allow flagswapping even if all players are alive. Coupled with the rule that in event of a tie, the team who first captured a flag from neutral to full wins, and the fact that flags only take 2 minutes to swap sides, it should put PTFO in the focus of every competitor, since avoiding flags due to "liability" would only grant the other team a better chance. Oh and also it's not necessary to only lose 16tx by deaths as every wounded state takes 1 ticket.

With the out of bounds areas completely removed I want to create a completely open field, but there must be more than one way to win in order to greatly reduce administration involvement. Hence killing is equal value to capping. What to go for is up to players. I don't want dragged out back and forth battles, hence the open but time and life limited ruleset.

I hope I'm clear enough with this fence of text.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 08:16   #15
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

You should add this information to the topic. It makes way more sense now

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 10:17   #16
Heavy Death

It is written in the Rules & Help thread of the tournament, which is publicly accessible and also linked to. I don't want to write explanatory texts on a promo post since it looks very unappealing and crowded that way. But thanks for the heads-up, I may have left some glaring loopholes in the system, so such questions are always welcome.

Quote:
4.1 Endgame criteria
Game ends when either tickets of one teams run out, the time limit is reached or a whole team has been removed from the server due to the One-Life plugin. The losing group is excluded from the tournament. The winning group advences to the next tier. In the case of a tied ticket count, the team with the first capped flag (from neutral to full) wins , in the event of no flag caps the team with the first kill wins, and further, in the case of there being no kills, the team which inflict critical wounds first, wins.

4.2 Gameplay tweaks and changes

• Match lasts 25 minutes, with an additional 5 minute start timer.
  • Both teams have 20 tickets at their disposal.
  • Flag capping costs the losing team 5 tickets.
  • Flag capping time is 1 minute from full to neutral and another minute from neutral to full.
  • All flags on a map are cappable in order and neutral at the start of the round, except the starting flags, which belong to the respective team.
  • If the last flag is capped, the round is over.
  • DODs and out of bounds areas are removed to allow for more tactical freedom.
  • Kits can only be requested at the crates placed near the spawnpoints. Crates spread around the map are removed.
  • Player can only request/spawn a limited kit once.
  • There is a limit of 1 unique limited kit per team.
  • There is no requirements to request a limited kit.
  • AA, HAT, Pilot and Crewman kits are disabled.
  • Usage of enemy weapons is allowed.
Old 2017-05-03, 21:59   #17
Heavy Death

Just a reminder - Unit signups will be closed on the 6th of May.
Old 2017-06-27, 12:06   #18
fecht_niko
Banned

So Chav participated in your tournament even though he was banned on several servers for hacking? (with proof)
fecht_niko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement, general, open, operator, prta, signups, tournament, unit