project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2017-10-08, 20:26   #1
HamzaTerminator
Exclamation Can't see the tags or hear my team

Hello everyone! Whenever I play Project Reality, the other team can hear me, but I can't hear them. I have reinstalled the game already. I am unable to see their tags, let alone hear them at all. This problem started near the end of August where I had an "end of summer" live stream. Some of my subscribers joined, and could not hear my mumble. Later, in September, I reinstalled the game, but this time, it made it worse. The other team could not hear me themselves. If you want to know my sounds, the sounds for headphones are disabled, and they come through "Speakers". The mic is my headset mic. If you can find a fix, thank you very much!
HamzaTerminator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 20:35   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Can't see the tags or hear my team

You need to configure your mumble. Which is the voice program that runs next to pr automatically. Make sure it uses the correct audio devices. Read about it in the beginning chapters of the manual. https://www.realitymod.com/manual/pr_manual.pdf

there are no nametags in the game. Unless ofcourse you mean the nametags of mumble showing who's talking.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-08, 21:21   #3
HamzaTerminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
You need to configure your mumble. Which is the voice program that runs next to pr automatically. Make sure it uses the correct audio devices. Read about it in the beginning chapters of the manual. https://www.realitymod.com/manual/pr_manual.pdf

there are no nametags in the game. Unless ofcourse you mean the nametags of mumble showing who's talking.

That is the problem. The tags from mumble that are supposed to show who is talking don't show either.
HamzaTerminator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 11:53   #4
Kavelenko
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamzaTerminator View Post
Hello everyone! Whenever I play Project Reality, the other team can hear me, but I can't hear them. I have reinstalled the game already. I am unable to see their tags, let alone hear them at all. This problem started near the end of August where I had an "end of summer" live stream. Some of my subscribers joined, and could not hear my mumble. Later, in September, I reinstalled the game, but this time, it made it worse. The other team could not hear me themselves. If you want to know my sounds, the sounds for headphones are disabled, and they come through "Speakers". The mic is my headset mic. If you can find a fix, thank you very much!
If you cannot hear your team mates but they can hear you its most probably that your in game speaker volume for mumble is turned down too low. Default short cut key to increase the volume is the numpad + key. I always set hot keys to unmute my mic or speaker when I spawn in, you should see icons in the lower right corner of your screen of your mic or speaker with a broken red line through them. Hit the appropriate hot key and your good to go.Before doing any of this I would also test your headset's mic and phones to make sure they work. (They should be enabled and set to be the default)
Kavelenko is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
glitch, hear, mumble, problems in hearing, tags, talk, team