project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > OverClocking & Networking
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
OverClocking & Networking Anything related to Overclocking & Networking here

Old 2020-05-06, 01:18   #1
Snadams
Default Disconnecting from every server

Every server I join I just randomly disconnect,sometimes it will say problem with your connection, but rarely.

I have lowish ping(normally around 30-35). It never used to happen,I am using wireless,but always have used wireless and it never used to happen,I actually got better internet a while back and the problem got no better.

It forced me to stop playing,but now with the 1.6 update I really want to try get it fixed.
Anyone know why this would be happening?

I just done quick internet speed test and I got 46.8 Mbps download - 24.4 Mbps upload,which is not amazing,but not bad ether.

I never lag out of any other game,like ever,so I really don't think it is my internet.
Any help would be much appreciated ,please and thank you.
Snadams is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 05:14   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Disconnecting from every server

I've seen it before with BF2 and some router firewalls, sudden disconnects without the "problem with your connection". You could try playing through a proxy or disable the router's firewall
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 14:19   #3
Snadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
I've seen it before with BF2 and some router firewalls, sudden disconnects without the "problem with your connection". You could try playing through a proxy or disable the router's firewall

Sorry, when you say "disable the router's firewall",do you mean the firewall on my computer?
Old 2020-05-06, 14:50   #4
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

The times I've seen it were faulty firewall on the router. If you don't have any fancy firewall on your PC its not the problem.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 19:49   #5
Snadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
The times I've seen it were faulty firewall on the router. If you don't have any fancy firewall on your PC its not the problem.
Well,damn I dont think I will be able to do anything about that...=/ Thanks anyways man,much appreciated.