project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: What is your squad leading style?
Authoritarian 121 33.89%
Delegation 134 37.54%
Sheep 27 7.56%
Can't be arsed to put effort in 5 1.40%
I don't squad lead 49 13.73%
other (post below!) 21 5.88%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-11-06, 15:12   #101
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Default Re: what's your squad leading style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C150ut_Cadlum15theoutcast View Post
I'm not frequently in command of squads, but from my first times leading up to now, i kinda have some practices when it comes to leading that work from time to time. I prefer delegating roles.

I like to look for things that constitute to my squad's strengths or weaknesses by asking them first before assigning them roles and kits, but in the case that they aren't too sure themselves, i try to read their personalities and mannerisms in and before combat and kinda hope that it matches them right.
This is really simple, yet really smart.

You can both do this tactically - by assigning specific roles to specific psychologies, e.g., an AR to the person who aims/positions himself the best - and also strategically - by determining the personalities of your squad and adapting the playstyle of your squad accordingly.

I must admit - the least I play the worse SL I've become (it's quite logical actually). Rarely do I think about this stuff nowadays. I think the general apathy has also hit and degraded me. I'm at that level that I didn't even sign up for PRT because of fearing for my lack of motivation towards this game (tho I still hod it very dear to my heart, and I fear it always will be like that). Damn, just noticed a pattern of "I'es " in my speech, I sure am a fucking egoist by the looks of it.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-25, 20:36   #102
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

I don't tell squads and squad members what to do, I tell them what needs to be done, and let them impress me with their ingenuity.

*edit: (I have NO idea how I arrived here - not in the habit of necro'ing ancient threads... coffee levels dangerously low in blood)

Last edited by SemlerPDX; 2020-05-25 at 21:18.. Reason: edit at *
Old 2020-05-26, 09:06   #103
robert357

Necropost but important one, because recently there are a lot of tension between SLs and new players.
robert357 is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
leading, squad, style