project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2020-05-22, 11:05   #1
Usr117
Question Artillery IED vs armor

It's just ain't working anymore. Used 4 IED against T-72 on Karbala, almost direct hit, and he's not even sparking. Players that using this kit is also noticed that it's not effective anymore even against an APC's. So, the question is, is this a bug or an attempt to balance something?
Usr117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 12:12   #2
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Artillery IED vs armor

Sounds like a bug.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-24, 01:39   #3
Usr117

Just made a few tests comparing damages from various IED's, and I found that an Arty IED and Mortar IED makes almost equal damage for armored targets at the same distances. Also noticed that Arty IED have lost it's unique sound and visual effects, and now explodes like a huge hand grenade. Same problem for bombcars as well.
Last edited by Usr117; 2020-05-24 at 03:01..
Old 2020-05-30, 12:16   #4
Coalz101

There is a bug where sometimes fire/sparks/smoke doesn't show when a vehicle is damaged. Happens primarily on hueys but other helicopters also experience this problem. I've witness tanks taking shots to side with ATGM and no fire/sparks would appear for the first few seconds of being damaged.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 01:13   #5
Vicious3o2

Bring back arty IEDs and Pipebombs.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 13:22   #6
lao

Used a Mortar Shell IED on Musa Qala recently against enemy APC, a Scimitar. It didn't even start sparkling after explosion right next to it.
Are those things supposed to withstand a motar shell exploding right underneath and on the side?
lao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 13:25   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao View Post
Used a Mortar Shell IED on Musa Qala recently against enemy APC, a Scimitar. It didn't even start sparkling after explosion right next to it.
Are those things supposed to withstand a motar shell exploding right underneath and on the side?
Literally right next to? not on the other side of a low wall or on the side of a road but on a slopped side?
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-07, 14:26   #8
lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Literally right next to? not on the other side of a low wall or on the side of a road but on a slopped side?
That's what I'm told by my squadmates and that's how the mine was placed. Will have to do some checking. Ofc not having this kind of info in manual (nor anywhere else) doesn't help
lao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-16, 03:34   #9
Tony_AbbottPBUH

Was arty IED fixed by replacing it with a re-skinned mortar IED?
Tony_AbbottPBUH is offline Reply With Quote