project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2021-05-13, 22:05   #1
Mrago
Default Crouch untoggles when chatting

If you have the crouch toggled, and then you type something in all-chat or to your squad, it makes you stand up. Not sure if it's just a limitation of the game or if it can be fixed.
Mrago is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 08:17   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Crouch untoggles when chatting

Known limitation of the system, may be fixed in the future but not a priority.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 11:45   #3
[R-CON]​Multi
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrago View Post
If you have the crouch toggled, and then you type something in all-chat or to your squad, it makes you stand up. Not sure if it's just a limitation of the game or if it can be fixed.
I figured i wasn't the only one, got killed with a headshot while trying to chat covering under a window, lmao

"Supimos dar la vida por nuestras Malvinas, y sabremos dar muerte a quien pretenda arrebatarlas."
Multi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 12:26   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

We will fix this in next patch

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-16, 19:54   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrago View Post
Its too slow for me to use in the first place, if you double click in a panic with your fingers when you need to move it just slows you down. My pinky finger used to hurt for 6 months when i started playing, get a foam stress ball to work out your hands, wrists and forearms to get the micro fiber muscles strengthened.

Do walking leg lunges where you take a knee every step IRL for perspective, it flows better moving cover to cover just like it does in game. If i need speed i just release crouch. Anything comms related whether talk or text should be done from complete cover as you will learn other ways it gets you killed.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-19, 18:50   #6
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Its too slow for me to use in the first place, if you double click in a panic with your fingers when you need to move it just slows you down. My pinky finger used to hurt for 6 months when i started playing, get a foam stress ball to work out your hands, wrists and forearms to get the micro fiber muscles strengthened.

Do walking leg lunges where you take a knee every step IRL for perspective, it flows better moving cover to cover just like it does in game. If i need speed i just release crouch. Anything comms related whether talk or text should be done from complete cover as you will learn other ways it gets you killed.
Yeah, but, at the end of the day, it's still a video game. A feature option like crouch toggle should not interfere with other features such as text chat. Would have loved this back in the day, I physically cannot hold down buttons for extended periods, had to make my own 'hold crouch' macro and it was not without issues (such as forgetting its down and alt-tabbing to check something outside the game)

Glad to hear a fix is planned. It's not just players, but an admin may need to smack something out in text chat to stop a griefer, and would be nice if they didn't stand up in game by accident and get their head blown off in the process.

Cheers!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-19, 19:10   #7
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

..........I mean, you couldn't keep crouching even without the crouch toggle.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote