PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2022-01-01, 19:22   #21
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer
Default Re: v.1.7.0 - Update Highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
What 109 Variant is that? the G variant? based on variant the flight characteristics and armament will be different.
Same thing with the stuka.
Yep, BF 109 G-6. This is one our team from Battleground 44(Formerly known as Battlefield 1944) shared with PR. Since we released last month we hope there is other content available in our mod that could be used in PR:WW2 as it would fit in very nicely. We literally have most Sherman models and some great late war German tanks that would go well. But it is a matter of time converting everything from an arcade oriented mod to mil-sim, so lot of coding to do.

Our M4A1 (76 mm) looks right at home in Carentan as it was ported from Battlegroup42 so stuff like that fits in so well with PR:WW2 due to shared DNA from BG42 and BGF assets both of our teams use.

We still do not have M4A3E8 ported over yet, but do plan on it in future. Hopefully you guys can convince the team to use more of the stuff we got that would be such an obvious fit it would be criminal not to make use of. We even have M36 Jackson that would maybe be better fit than the M10 used now.
Old 2022-01-01, 22:30   #22
VTRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post
@ObeerBongKenobi

Don't worry, ground vehicles are not getting nerfed at all, rounds still go where you aim, you're just gonna need to push one additional button for that, is all. But this time it would also look really cool, instead of rounds weirdly going straight line.
I've only used this feature once offline, but couldn't coax just adjust automatically when you switch to it?
Old 2022-01-01, 22:36   #23
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
I've only used this feature once offline, but couldn't coax just adjust automatically when you switch to it?
It does. You do not need to re-lase your target to adjust the new weapon or coax.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2022-01-02, 05:43   #24
wretchedegg

I don't get the FCS on chopper gunners for the auto cannon. Tried it on MEC with the Havoc and there's no cross?
Old 2022-01-02, 07:27   #25
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedegg View Post
I don't get the FCS on chopper gunners for the auto cannon. Tried it on MEC with the Havoc and there's no cross?
Its automatic on choppers, constantly adjusting.
Old 2022-01-07, 19:19   #26
CG-Delta
Supporting Member

Unicode (I assume that's an alias), whoever you are, the two tracks you've made are bangers. I had to find it:
\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\content\common_client.zip\sound\menu\m usic\load
unicode_kassel_ww2.ogg
unicode_bobcat.ogg
To bad the map is almost always loaded when the good parts come and you are forced in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedegg View Post
At first I thought you encountered a Constantly Calculated Impact Point (CCIP), which I've seen doesn't show when you're close to the ground, or you're close to the target (one of those two).
But no. just tried the Havoc (MI-28N) on Khmaisha AAS STD local server, and it it appears almost as it did before v1.7.0.0. The pilot has no CCIP, and nor does the gunner. Instead the gunner is automatically lasing (range-finding, not designating) all the time while the FCS fluently and rapidly updates fire solution automatically. Ballistics+FCS makes it operate as it always had, despite you can see the ballistic path.
Are you sure you didn't sit with default "weapon slot 1", which is a free-look cockpit view, with no cross or trigger for that matter.
Closed Thread