project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-04-15, 18:23   #1
axytho
Supporting Member
Default Make rifleman ammo/box unuseable by enemy faction

I'm shooting myself in the foot by suggesting this (because I abuse this a lot) but ammo kits should not be useable by enemies.

The gameplay reason is obvious: right now rifleman kits are usually more useful to the enemy than to friendlies.

Think to yourself: when is the last time I asked someone to pick rifleman (when not manning emplacements) vs. when is the last time I took ammo from an enemy to ressuply?

Same should go for jeep ammo boxes.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-14, 14:50   #2
WingWalker
Default Re: Make rifleman ammo/box unuseable by enemy faction

There is something to this, in the order of lone wolf rules, one that enables you to go behind enemy lines by yourself is the fact that you can feed off your kills.

If you get hit your patch is a dead enemy somewhere.

Jackpot is if you come across an ammo crate.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-14, 16:04   #3
Brotherscompany

Honestly l don't think trying to push more rifleman kits as a good idea.

A functional SQ needs all kits, people would rather pick Medic than Rifleman that makes everything way harder.

Yes the enemy benefits more from ammo bags but at the same time this allows for better efficiency in SQs as they can resssuply and continue their mission. This would make it so people start focusing more on kills than objectives as they dont have more ammo to perform the role the only thing you have left to do is to shoot. This goes both ways so you are benefiting as much as the enemies are, l don't think this would have good impact on gameplay as it will slow down things and make it harder for SQs to effectively perform their role and make mistakes all the more punishing.

In theory you can request ammo from TRANS but be realistic, crates go faster now and things are slower to resssuply. Im not going to call a chopper deep into enemy territory just to have him shot down or reveal my position, and what if it gets shot down you are basically useless for longer periods of time which would even be worse in 4Km maps or maps with rough terrain

If its not broken dont fix it, you are going to make other issues arise for such a simple neglecible thing
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-14, 16:45   #4
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Battlefiled pick-ups is a thing even when opposing forces don't use same ammunition. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. Soldiers may not be as proficient with enemy weapon as they are with their own but professional military personnel is capable of operating wide variety of weapons from all over the world. And medical items are just universal.

Looting enemy vehicles is a thing as well as the war in Ukraine has shown us. I think that instead of team-locking individual items in a kit, we should be able to loot even abandoned enemy vehicles. Looting could use the same system as crewman requirement, so that it would be possible to enter enemy vehicle and drop all remaining supplies. To prevent abuse, there shoud be one additional check that would insta-kill you if the enemy vehicle is occupied by an enemy or an enemy is trying to eneter it while you are still inside.

Over time it would teach people to treat their all their vehicles as valuable assets that should not be used as a personal taxi and abandoned in the middle of nowhere with all the supplies.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-15, 21:35   #5
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
Battlefiled pick-ups is a thing even when opposing forces don't use same ammunition. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen. Soldiers may not be as proficient with enemy weapon as they are with their own but professional military personnel is capable of operating wide variety of weapons from all over the world. And medical items are just universal.

Looting enemy vehicles is a thing as well as the war in Ukraine has shown us. I think that instead of team-locking individual items in a kit, we should be able to loot even abandoned enemy vehicles. Looting could use the same system as crewman requirement, so that it would be possible to enter enemy vehicle and drop all remaining supplies. To prevent abuse, there shoud be one additional check that would insta-kill you if the enemy vehicle is occupied by an enemy or an enemy is trying to eneter it while you are still inside.

Over time it would teach people to treat their all their vehicles as valuable assets that should not be used as a personal taxi and abandoned in the middle of nowhere with all the supplies.
well said
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote