project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-02-09, 21:38   #71
dcm
Default Re: Recoil has destroyed gunplay

@semler
I do not play, nor have any interest in co-op. I have played it before though.

You honestly think it's just me who has a problem with the deviation system? Many people do, except they dont come on the forums, because they either have no time or interest to argue with people who may or may not, argue back in bad faith. Because of this pandemic I got nothing but time.(Shit man I haven't played this much PR in ages. Last time was about 12 years ago).

Ban reasons are irrelevant. I've been a member of many other online communities before. If the moderators/admins do not like you, they will turn any minor infraction into a major one. There's a reason why I detest reddit. But that is besides the point.

@frontliner
I'm sure you can pull up my gunfight records from the hog server to confirm my story.

I was misinformed as to the cause of death on kozelsk. However I still believe that I should have been at the very least able to kill the breacher. Regardless if he was using the ppsh or not.

The gunfight on musa qala was not something I should have won. I fully admit that. There is no reason why a full auto weapon should not hit a target 10m away even if strafing.

@killer
What's your dpi? My presets are 500 for sniping, 1000 as default, 2000/4000 as vehicle gunner. I have a 4k screen but I tone it down to 1440p for PR. I tried 1080p, but the it just dont feel right on a 32" monitor.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 01:19   #72
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
@semler
Ban reasons are irrelevant. I've been a member of many other online communities before. If the moderators/admins do not like you, they will turn any minor infraction into a major one. There's a reason why I detest reddit. But that is besides the point.
OH, I see, it was because the moderators/admins do not like you, and not because of the bs you posted. Here I thought that actions have consequences, and that your own actions resulted in a time out. How foolish of me.

Moving onto something constructive you could do is to round up a bunch of those straw men you mentioned and get them to come here to the forums to help better elaborate the details you are struggling with. Not one person here has been arguing in bad faith, there's no argument at all, really. Whole lotta opinions and feelings floating around and little in the way of constructive feedback that could be corroborated as 'how things work' for more players other than yourself.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-10, 21:24   #73
Killer2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
@semler
I do not play, nor have any interest in co-op. I have played it before though.

You honestly think it's just me who has a problem with the deviation system? Many people do, except they dont come on the forums, because they either have no time or interest to argue with people who may or may not, argue back in bad faith. Because of this pandemic I got nothing but time.(Shit man I haven't played this much PR in ages. Last time was about 12 years ago).

@frontliner
I'm sure you can pull up my gunfight records from the hog server to confirm my story.

I was misinformed as to the cause of death on kozelsk. However I still believe that I should have been at the very least able to kill the breacher. Regardless if he was using the ppsh or not.

The gunfight on musa qala was not something I should have won. I fully admit that. There is no reason why a full auto weapon should not hit a target 10m away even if strafing.

@killer
What's your dpi? My presets are 500 for sniping, 1000 as default, 2000/4000 as vehicle gunner. I have a 4k screen but I tone it down to 1440p for PR. I tried 1080p, but the it just dont feel right on a 32" monitor.
I run 600 dpi at all times with sensitivity dropped down in game to .2 along with hardware mouse pointer enabled in the launcher settings. The way you're telling the engagement and distance, they had to 100% be firing with hip fire. If they had aimed at all, you would have 100% been dead. I have not had issues with deviation, and the testing I've done to replicate what's going on here has actually surprised me with how quick you can engage targets, even after moving at some of these ranges.

Basically: unless your barrel is literally in someone's face, aim down sights. You WILL hit at 10m, even if you're still moving and standing. Deviation is actually quite low in these circumstances. Recoil isn't much of a factor here, either.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 00:49   #74
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
Basically: unless your barrel is literally in someone's face, aim down sights. You WILL hit at 10m, even if you're still moving and standing. Deviation is actually quite low in these circumstances. Recoil isn't much of a factor here, either.
I disagree. I've had many instances and encounters where the deviation system reared it's ugly head.

I was in an engagement with a polish soldier on shahadah. I used an RPK and he had the beryl. We were both mag dumping from less than 5m away. He won. I was firing my rpk undeployed and kept my gun on target the entire time. I swear to god I hit the wall around him more than I ever hit him. I literally the saw a vertical snow angle made out of bullets holes form on the wall behind him. I know I opened fire first. There was no time to wait 4-5 seconds for my gun to settle down.

Same thing happened on outpost. I was taliban with pkm and enemy was pole with pkm. Engagement distance was about 10m. We crossed paths in a compound. I can not recall who opened fire first. But I know we were both mag dumping from the hip and strafing. Neither of us hit each other. We both began to reload at around the same time. It was almost comical. Until his friend came up behind me and killed me. I'm not upset that I died. I was laughing at the absurdity of the situation.

Same thing happened on kashan. I'm mg3 doing some room clearing. I run across an enemy m240. We're circle strafing and mag dumping in the bunker. I won that fight. But he had the drop on me. He opened fire first.

Kafr Halab Alt. I'm insurgent rpg gunner. I wait a good 5 seconds for my rocket to accurize. I adjust my mouse barely a fraction of an inch and suddenly my rocket flies off orthogonally to the side completely missing the enemies in the balcony above.

Basrah. I'm insurgent sapper. I come across an inattentive enemy. I pause to line up my shot. Open fire. He does a 180 and pops me before I even get off the next shot.

No. It's all bullshit. I can understand having some deviation so not all weapons are laser accurate. But not so much that the winner is determined more by RNG than any other factors. I swear this deviation system is purposefully designed to be as random and unfair as possible. See that's what I want; A fair fight. Project Reality's Deviation robs gunfights of any and all integrity.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 01:21   #75
Coalz101

Why are we arguing Deviation using CQB examples where Deviation doesn't matter? I've been reading this thread for a while and I can also say, this is basically people complaining about the 1/10000 event of them getting rekt because they either lack skill or they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. PR is not Squad, Insurgency nor Arma, don't compare them as they all got their success from different gameplay features.

We've already deviated from the main topic here (Recoil), which is already more of a lack of knowledge on recoil patterns per gun. Most of the time the recoil is fine if you picked your fights correctly.
Last edited by Coalz101; 2022-02-11 at 01:27.. Reason: Plus Facts
Old 2022-02-11, 04:29   #76
Killer2354

That's the thing. I'm not sure why deviation is being argued here. Most of the missing I've seen even by testing myself is purely based on recoil. Deviation isn't even the main discussion like you said, and the arguments are really devolving to "deviation bad, I've had experiences that say they are."

I still think the G3 isn't a bad weapon, but I still partially agree that the G3 really is unforgiving when compared to something like the M4. Would I change it? I'm not so sure. I think conventionally, it really shines where the weapon excels: at range. In close, it is really overshadowed by the faster firing and less recoiling guns. Doesn't mean I dislike using the G3, though. Outside of very close range, the one less bullet across the board needed to kill really evens the fight some.

DCM, I'm pretty sure you just ignored a bit of what I posted before: NEVER and I mean NEVER hip fire if you can avoid it, especially with MGs. I would need to do more testing, but I'm pretty sure that the MGs, even in undeployed, have more deviation penalties than normal guns. Also, the RPG is inherently inaccurate to begin with. You REALLY need to record what is going on and make a new thread because right now you are primarily talking about your own experiences with what you remember about deviation. It's really sidetracking what this thread is about: recoil.
Last edited by Killer2354; 2022-02-11 at 04:36..
Old 2022-02-14, 05:14   #77
Brotherscompany

DCM bro do you have Parkinson or insanely high DPI? I honestly cant relate at all to what you are saying no one fails that often, if you are indeed on target you should get the kill provided you fired enough bullets you shouldn't loose that often and sometimes you get killed thats how it is, the other dude also finds it odd he died even though he was firing

Regarding the G3, ewwwww is it utter garbage if you try to use it in CQB with a scope because the situation arose, its honestly the worst gun in the game ld rather have a handgun and holly shit are they unreliable sometimes. Its a superb single fire rifle but it has always been the case

The burst fire has a lot of recoil l really can't place it into words l never run the M16 or M4 on burst it would be nice for it to be a option, especially in other weapons like the Beryl or FAMAS, you never feel like you get anything out of them using burst besides saving ammo
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 09:51   #78
UncleSmek

After getting used to the change in recoil i'm still not happy with the changes. AR accuracy is not the problem, however deviation settling time should be lowered in case of weapon slot 4 being used whilst standing still.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-15, 21:36   #79
UncleSmek

Deviation RNG is wack
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote