project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-05-27, 04:00   #1
Crylink
Post Gun details

The idea is very simplistic.

on the gun selection wheel or on the HUD show the mag capacity of the gun and the range it is zeroed to.

this is especially needed for new players who have no clue how many rounds they have in their mag and try to shoot somebody and fail to realise that their rifle is ranged to 200m and they need to aim lower.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 11:19   #2
Coalz101
Default Re: Gun details

NO, we don't need mag capacity by brother, we learn this ourselves!
(Joking, but I personally don't want to see mag capacity shown in the HUD/Weapon Selector, it just kills of one of the challenges that tells a CHAD from a noob)

Range is fine though.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 19:39   #3
labonte95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post

on the gun selection wheel or on the HUD show the mag capacity of the gun and the range it is zeroed to.

this is especially needed for new players who have no clue how many rounds they have in their mag and try to shoot somebody and fail to realise that their rifle is ranged to 200m and they need to aim lower.
I tried to recommend the same thing. Hold Q and it will show the max ammo capacity. For some reason it never got posted lol.

Thanks to WarEagle751 for the Signature pic!
labonte95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 08:15   #4
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labonte95 View Post
I tried to recommend the same thing. Hold Q and it will show the max ammo capacity. For some reason it never got posted lol.
Did you mean this one?
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=151996

It was delayed because this forum is moderated.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93042
Last edited by bad_nade; 2022-05-29 at 08:57..
Old 2022-05-29, 14:29   #5
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:

Firearms aren't ranged, scope reticules at this point have no meaning either. If they *were* indeed aiming with the range lines, they'd be firing *too high*, not too low.

With few exceptions, capacity of rifles is 30 rounds for 5.8x42mm, 5.56mm, 5.45mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.92x33mm, 20 rounds for 7.62x51mm. I don't believe a permanent reference is required, though I guess it would make sense to have weapon specs be made part of the manual to look them up when necessary.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 22:31   #6
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:

Maybe just google the weapon instead or ask somebody. Its realistic. Real life has no ammo counter given to you, you either read specifications yourself or somebody tells you.

Range zeroing should be 100 Meters starting out default, instead of a list of 100M to 800M we should simulate dial by making a drag dial for the screen to zero rifle. Like in the same spot where we have the range list select.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 19:38   #7
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Maybe just google the weapon instead or ask somebody. Its realistic. Real life has no ammo counter given to you, you either read specifications yourself or somebody tells you.
Irl you would also go threw some type of training where you would get those informations people ask for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
I don't believe a permanent reference is required, though I guess it would make sense to have weapon specs be made part of the manual to look them up when necessary.
Cant agree more.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
miscellaneous