project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Chilean Forces 1978
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Chilean Forces 1978 Discussion pertaining to the Chilean Forces 1978 community faction.

Old 2022-07-02, 15:04   #1
Uzay
Default Unimog 426 Logistics Truck

Hello everyone; I'm Uzay and I am modelling the logistics truck of the Chilean forces, the Unimog 426. From now on I will be sharing my progress on here. I'm an amateur compared to most of you here so I would like to get some feedback from you guys.

I have started remodelling the wheel for the truck.

Is there anything I could improve about this wheel? Keep in mind that this is the high-poly mesh.
Uzay is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-07, 06:32   #2
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Unimog 426 Logistics Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzay View Post
Hello everyone; I'm Uzay and I am modelling the logistics truck of the Chilean forces, the Unimog 426. From now on I will be sharing my progress on here. I'm an amateur compared to most of you here so I would like to get some feedback from you guys.

I have started remodelling the wheel for the truck.

Is there anything I could improve about this wheel? Keep in mind that this is the high-poly mesh.
most likely the wheels details will be handled by the texture and normal map, i would recomment to reduce the tire and rim detail to just plain one

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 16:05   #3
Uzay

Here's what the truck looks like currently, feedback is highly appreciated.

Old 2022-08-24, 00:27   #4
Uzay
Default Remake Of The Original Model

I have decided on scrapping the old model up and starting a new one from scratch. I have finished the high poly model and before starting retopologising this model I wanted to ask if there's anything missing or should be changed. Keep in mind that in this iteration of the model all modifiers are still applied and no clean up has been made so far.

Matcap View

Wireframe View

Feedback is highly appreciated.
Old 2022-08-24, 15:51   #5
Uzay

I have decided on scrapping the original model and remaking it from scratch for a couple of reasons. The high poly model has been finished and before moving on to cleaning it up and making the low poly I want to ask for some feedback from you guys.

Matcap View

Wireframe View

Old 2022-08-25, 09:36   #6
axytho
Supporting Member

Great work!
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-14, 15:53   #7
Operator_Max1993

nice work!
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 11:04   #8
PBAsydney
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzay View Post
I'm an amateur compared to most of you here so I would like to get some feedback from you guys.
Amateur my ass, that truck looks amazing.

You should use the high poly wheels to bake a normal map onto a lower-poly version, and maybe simplify the undercarriege, as it's a whole lot of polys being rendered for little reason.

HITREG CARRY
PBAsydney is offline Reply With Quote