project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2023-01-16, 02:19   #1
dcm
Default Taliban Alternative Rifleman Needs his Ammo back!

I understand how OP alt tali rifleman was. But, what good is a rifleman without his bag of ammo? The ammo-bag is so entwined with the class identity itself, that without it, the tali alt rifleman feels incomplete. Like a poor man's rifleman AP. With the new nerfs to emplacements not spawning with any ammo. It ends up hurting taliban so much more. I can live without frag grenades. But not ammo. So please, bring back the tali alt rifleman's ammo bag.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-21, 01:19   #2
dcm
Default Re: Taliban Alternative Rifleman Needs his Ammo back!

So is that a No?
Old 2023-03-24, 04:07   #3
dcm

I hate having to resurrect this thread.

I cant stand taliban alt rifleman. I mean I love planting ieds. But goddammit! Not having an ammo bag is such a a detriment to the loadout. I rarely squad lead, but when I do, there's nothing more I dread than hearing my squaddies say; 'Sorry boss I aint got no ammo bag.' It's so fucking infuriating. I dont understand the problem. NVA alt rifleman gets an sks and three S-mines and still retains his frags and ammo-bag. Why not extend that courtesy for the taliban?
Old 2023-03-24, 21:47   #4
Nightingale

I disagree. I think that ALT rifleman is sufficiently strong, especially now that all Taliban hideouts are free (no officer kit needed) and supply infinite ammo. This kit just doesn't need any buffs IMO.
Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-25, 17:26   #5
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
I disagree. I think that ALT rifleman is sufficiently strong, especially now that all Taliban hideouts are free (no officer kit needed) and supply infinite ammo. This kit just doesn't need any buffs IMO.
Yeah but no ammo bag? The ammo bag is at the core of the identity of the rifleman class itself. Without it, the tali alt rifleman is practically useless for the team. Especially now that assets dont spawn with any ammo. We dont have this problem with alt NVA rifleman, and yet he has three times as many AP mines(and a semi-auto). Granted those mines are weaker, but effectively they balance out. And there was already no way for the tali rifleman to resupply his mine off his own ammo bag. It could happen if RNG was on your side, but in most cases: NO.
Old 2023-03-25, 21:02   #6
Nightingale

Any comparisons to the NVA would be non-valid, for the sole reason of: NVA have FOBs, while Taliban's infinite-ammo hideouts can be built with ONLY an ALT rifleman kit.

I don't think anyone is going to reply in this thread anymore.
Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 00:55   #7
dcm

The ammobag is not for the rifleman himself, but for his team, and the emplacements of his team. Fobs and hideouts dont really factor into the equation. So what if the tali alt rifleman can resupply off his hideout. He still doesn't have an ammobag to feed the dshk and spg. Making him not a team player.
Old 2023-03-26, 19:58   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Without it (ammo bag), the tali alt rifleman is practically useless for the team. Especially now that assets dont spawn with any ammo.
All assets are within 200 meters of hideouts and hideouts shouldn't be more than 1000 meters from a cache to balance travel distance to objective with safety of keeping hideouts hidden. Its not that far. I find no issue with this, other than the fact the rifleman can't rearm more than a smoke grenade, hand grenade or patch already.

Part of issue is people don't multi-task, they go out to either kill, run ammo or whatever. But they don't view these tasks as overlapping experiences. Rather than go get a kit to run an ammo trip which would benefit the team, they go out to kill.

When I go out I am everything I can be, transport driver, fighter, distraction, ammo runner, coordinator, communicator. Whether it be a language barrier, the player is drunk, anti-social lack of teamwork, makes excuse he didn't hear, wants to do his own thing rather than help you out for a minute. Leads to a lack of reciprocation which leads to teamwork. I scratch your back you scratch mine. People join squads to get special kits, I know I told players by name I need a rifleman ammo bag brought to an asset then they don't say anything back despite having a mic and talking before.

Its completely toxic of them, because they want their kit but there is many solutions to get their kit and run ammo. Exceptions to this would be if he is currently fighting or killing a lot. One solution is spawn in rifleman, select your kit, hide it in un-occupied room, run ammo, go back for kit. Another solution is hand off the task to another player, tell him to run ammo to where you were told. Medics always volunteer for stuff, its why they are a medic.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote