project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-06-24, 11:49   #31
Stolt_Yugoslav
Default Re: TOW emplacement is now labour intensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko View Post
This is solved by either having a competent squad with the leader assigning someone to co-operate with the one taking the TOW, or just playing with more experienced players that are more aware of their surroundings and do the right thing without having to be told what to do.

I do agree that some glitches regarding ammo bags not resupplying the assets needs to be fixed and a certain nerf is also needed in regards to the time it takes to get the resupplies necessary.

The change embraces teamwork a lot more and makes or breaks the satisfaction from having a competent co-operating squad to a bunch of lone-wolfers.
"its solved" by your arbtrary demands into the ether, for a community that has become more casual and more divided into "regulars" and "I dont even have a mic but I want to play" people for years. With servers now allowing that.

On one side these developers are churning out videos to "introduce new players" to the game, on the other side they are pumping out changes like this that are so extremely user-unfriendly no modern game would ever consider them.

You want new players and then you want to drive a wedge so deep they never recover and leave. Or they get bored because they never even try out all the features. You want to have the cake , and eat it.

The first recommended kit for a new player is the rifleman, its the standard kit. And you want that guy to be a mule. Think.
Last edited by Stolt_Yugoslav; 2022-06-24 at 12:00..
Old 2022-07-05, 08:32   #32
Sapper28
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolt_Yugoslav View Post
This is so dumb. The issue with them was if anything that they were overpowered. Now if you have a "well oiled" squad of squad members who like to roleplay a fucking ammo-carrier then you´ll do even better. If you´re a more casual player, or basically don´t enjoy running back and forth for 5 minutes every time a FoB has been built, you´re tough out of luck.

And frankly I don´t want to demand anything from my squadmates I despise doing myself when Im leading a squad, so here I am in a pickle.

Half the time I end up filling the goddamn crap myself as a SQL because I Feel like shit asking someone to do it while the rest of us enjoy target practice.

+1

Since 0.85 i think... too long ago

Sapper28 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 04:22   #33
MOSES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolt_Yugoslav View Post
This is so dumb. The issue with them was if anything that they were overpowered. Now if you have a "well oiled" squad of squad members who like to roleplay a fucking ammo-carrier then you´ll do even better. If you´re a more casual player, or basically don´t enjoy running back and forth for 5 minutes every time a FoB has been built, you´re tough out of luck.

And frankly I don´t want to demand anything from my squadmates I despise doing myself when Im leading a squad, so here I am in a pickle.

Half the time I end up filling the goddamn crap myself as a SQL because I Feel like shit asking someone to do it while the rest of us enjoy target practice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crew-s...l%20efficiency.

crew-served weapon is any weapon system that is issued to a crew of two or more individuals performing the same or separate tasks to run at maximum operational efficiency, as opposed to an individual-service weapon, which only requires one person to run at maximum operational efficiency. The weight and bulk of the system often also necessitates multiple personnel for transportation.

Crew-served weapons operated by infantry include sniper rifles, anti-materiel rifles, machine guns, automatic grenade launchers, mortars, anti-tank guns, anti-aircraft guns, recoilless rifles, shoulder-launched missile weapons, and static anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles.
Manual
Requesting a kit costs 200 supply points. Be aware that re-arming an ammo bag at for example an ammo box or light/heavy supply crate will cost as many points at it provides (200). The amount of supply points for the supply sources are:
From the manual
Ammo bags : 200 (will only count for 43 supply points when used by an asset emplacement like a TOW or mortar for example)
Ammo boxes : 450
Light supply crates : 1500
Heavy supply crates : 3000
Another thing to take notice is that resupplying is not instant but takes a few seconds, depending on the ammo source as well with the ammount of ammo you need to ressuply.
Last edited by MOSES!!; 2022-07-28 at 14:28..
Old 2023-05-18, 13:53   #34
axytho
Supporting Member

@Devs. After playing around a lot with the new stationary reload quantities: Thanks for increasing the amount that an ammo bag ressuplies!

This makes more sense (as previously you could carry multiple non-guided HAT's but not multiple TOW ammunitions) and it allows people who resupply stationaries some time to look around and help the TOW spot targets.

So thanks! Stationaries are a lot more fun now, and I haven't really felt (more) frustated playing against either as inf or as assets.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-19, 00:25   #35
dcm

While the new emplacement system is less spammy. There is still one thing that still irks me.

There's not enough ammo. It used to be three total rockets for tows. Now it's down to two. I really want the ability to be able to 'bank' rockets for future use. I believe the tow rocket capacity should be increased back to three, possibly four rockets. Same with AA emplacement having two or three reloads.

P.S. Insurgent requestable ammo kit when?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-19, 09:56   #36
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
While the new emplacement system is less spammy. There is still one thing that still irks me.

There's not enough ammo. It used to be three total rockets for tows. Now it's down to two. I really want the ability to be able to 'bank' rockets for future use. I believe the tow rocket capacity should be increased back to three, possibly four rockets. Same with AA emplacement having two or three reloads.

P.S. Insurgent requestable ammo kit when?
Techically, you can still do it, by spamming as much as possible ammo bags on emplacement.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 02:15   #37
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Techically, you can still do it, by spamming as much as possible ammo bags on emplacement.
Yeah but, You can only drop one ammo bag at once. And most people are on autopilot and keep dropping ammo even when there's no need. Only further depleting crates.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
balance