Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2023-07-14, 13:48   #1
B4ckp4ck
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Default Vehicle Warfare - 2 Player assets problem

Hi all!

I would like to adress an isuue on some Vehicle Warfare maps and layouts. Assets that require two players to operate are not fun. It just dosen't work in this gamemode. People are uwilling to play like this. It completely contradicts the purpose of WV which is seeding.

Example:

Fields of Kassel would be played more often, if there were 1-man APCs and tanks.
Why? Now, if all of 8 planes die for some reason, You will have to wait 5 minutes for these, or find a random guy willing to drive a tank with You, which is hard.

All Vehicle Warfare maps should have access to 1 man assets. Curently we have 6 maps suitable for playing:

Black Gold Inf
Sbeneh Outskirts
Khamisiyah
Silent Eagle
Road to Damascus
The Falklands

What do You think about it?

Cheers
B4ckp4ck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 18:49   #2
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Vehicle Warfare - 2 Player assets problem

I think this is not a problem. Players should not be fluttering to the next available asset like some drunken bumble-bee after dying regardless of type (aircraft/tank/apc) and then "waiting" for someone to be their gunner.

Players should be joining or forming a dedicated asset squad named for the type of asset they wish to operate, and that squad will populate with others who want to operate those as well, allowing several similar 2 man assets to be fully crewed without issue. When that asset (and its two crewmembers) die, those two players return to base and wait at the respawn location of their asset until it returns, and then continue back to the front with the same crew that was in it when it was destroyed.

PR is a teamwork based game, not a run-and-gun game (even in assets). Very few assets should be one-mannable, and should be the exception - not the rule.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 20:46   #3
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
I think this is not a problem. Players should not be fluttering to the next available asset like some drunken bumble-bee after dying regardless of type (aircraft/tank/apc) and then "waiting" for someone to be their gunner.

Players should be joining or forming a dedicated asset squad named for the type of asset they wish to operate, and that squad will populate with others who want to operate those as well, allowing several similar 2 man assets to be fully crewed without issue. When that asset (and its two crewmembers) die, those two players return to base and wait at the respawn location of their asset until it returns, and then continue back to the front with the same crew that was in it when it was destroyed.

PR is a teamwork based game, not a run-and-gun game (even in assets). Very few assets should be one-mannable, and should be the exception - not the rule.
That is all nice on paper. What you miss is that VW is played mostly in low player count situations. Having more then 5 active player in both teams is not really that common in those situation, at least not until server starts filling up fast, and at that point next game will be INS.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 22:24   #4
robert357

You also missed that VW is mostly played on U777 server if there are not enough players where other servers runs skirmishes or INS. Second, because of that changing all VW maps to having 1 crew vehicles is just pure nonsense. We have VW maps designed for both low and high numbers for players. So better option would be having simply two versions of the VW for the same map, one normal and second one with 1 seaters.

I wish VW (and CNC) would show up more often in rotation but well, you can't have everything I guess.
robert357 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 08:28   #5
VTRaptor

There defo should be more layouts with 1-man assets as VW is good for seeding. Nobody plays full-crew layouts anyway. Kassel should be primarily focused on air combat, as ground vehicles are just too slow to be entertaining.

I have to say Semler that you obviously have no grasp how PVP servers work and what you said doesn't apply to how VW is employed.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 11:08   #6
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I switched all ground vehicles on korbach and kassel vw layers to be 1-man versions for next update.

Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
vehicle warfare