project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Chilean Forces 1978
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Chilean Forces 1978 Discussion pertaining to the Chilean Forces 1978 community faction.

Old 2023-09-26, 14:26   #1
[R-DEV]​ANW1173
PR:BF2 Developer
Cool SIG 510-4

Hello everyone!
I'd like to introduce you to the SIG-510-4. It uses straight 20-round magazines and is chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO. It has a roller-delayed blowback mechanism, a heavy barrel, a bipod, and a recoil buffer in the stock. Iron sights with a variety of range gradations are fitted.

I am very proud of this one. I gave it all in this project, from modeling and texturing, and after a lot of crashes and burnout, finally this project is finished, and I say it's worth it. I have learned a lot of lessons because of this project, thanks to all the kings in the Project Reality Dev team for assisting and helping me.

INDONESIAN COMMUNITY FACTION
ANW1173 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 15:31   #2
Catmouse
Default Re: SIG 510-4

Congratulations on finshing your project! You must be so happy

It looks glorious!

I would love to hear how long it took to get this from idea to product. Everyone in game should know what kind of labour of love they are holding in their virtual hands!

How many polygons does the model have? How much will it have when translated into the engine? Not all of us understand what you were doing
Catmouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 16:44   #3
[R-DEV]​ANW1173
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmouse View Post
Congratulations on finshing your project! You must be so happy

It looks glorious!

I would love to hear how long it took to get this from idea to product. Everyone in game should know what kind of labour of love they are holding in their virtual hands!

How many polygons does the model have? How much will it have when translated into the engine? Not all of us understand what you were doing
thank you

Well In 2021, I first started this project by looking for references, and then I began modeling from blockout to low poly to high poly. This process took 2 to 3 months!, and I gave up on it because of burnout. in Early 2023, I begin working on this project again, starting with model optimization, UV creation, texture creation, and Lods.
and there are still steps to complete, including coding and animation as well as exporting the model into the game.

currently the model is 14k tris/poly. This will be optimized by having lods

INDONESIAN COMMUNITY FACTION
ANW1173 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-30, 01:19   #4
Operator_Max1993

absolutely BEAUTIFUL
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, guns, sig 510-4, wepons