project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-12-20, 02:04   #51
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: The Great Project Reality Timeline

@Edit

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...13#post2224113

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Last edited by Suchar; 2024-04-20 at 16:55..
Old 2023-12-20, 09:23   #52
Catmouse

Quote:
I hope that concludes all future "PR is dying" threads and discussions which we see every year since 2006.
Nice plot!

IMHO this is nice material for an instagram or blog post. This topic comes up so often in PR (and other games), it certainly will get some attention!
Catmouse is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 21:15   #53
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: The Great Project Reality Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
<snip>
Project Reality can grow for itself and its genre. Problem is there is way too many FPS games, some of them have negative effects on the character of society like Call of Duty. But for certain things PR doesn't have that other games have, if somebody could make these things, we grab these players from other games.

No other game I could find has fast ropes(Thank you Japan Clan for your work) in intense combat simulations, playing dead, climbing trees, suppression of camouflaged enemy. DEVs said they couldn't break the vehicle seat code, you did. Said you couldn't do fast ropes, Japanese players did. Many things you thought were impossible with the game, are not impossible.

But 2 things other games do have, is flame throwers and arresting people realistically with riot control tools. GTA 5 has mods for arresting people role play, "Ready or Not" also arresting some people and shooting others. Players have an itch or a fix for certain things, that is why they switch games. I find many ways to play Project Reality.

Civilians in this game going for realism, get instantly mowed down and arrested by lone wolfing breachers, so we can't do crowds. Rewards those breachers too much like its an arcade game, takes away need for cuffs from rest of BLUFOR squad.
Realistic capability is taken away of having rock throwers, arrest teams, balance of controlling insurgent fighters who are using the crowd in some way. So much lost realism, suspense, intensity, planning, identifying the last man by insurgent clothing to touch a weapon kit in the crowd that is in front of the roadblock, so the tank can't blow roadblock, artillery can't be called.

If we got the Flame thrower M2 kit on Vietnam/WW2 maps, just like how Iraqi Insurgents have special kits laying in main. Then get the napalm doing what it should on the ground, bodies and at night. We got to be cooler than the other games.

We can grab players from games with Flamethrowers like Battlefield 1, Rising Storm and others because we also have playing dead, climbing trees, super FOB assets, many real factions, more ERAs and lots of other stuff. This game is not even done.

We already have the Zippo M67 tank flamethrower, also needs work and featured in more maps. Night map with tank flamethrower would make great game trailer to bring people in.

Then with the civilians getting instant arrested by shotgun, un-realistic, you need body contact to arrest IRL, removes realistic game capabilities of arrest teams, crowd control with vehicles/shotgun, rioting crowds amid fighting, few ways to save from or avoid, rewards lone wolfing breachers too much, removes need for cuffs if a squad has a breacher.
I have quit the game when that happens sometimes to me. I am sure for others too the frustration is real and we would prefer the alternative below instead.

If we changed shotgun on civilians from health bar loss to stamina bar loss (ON CIVILIANS ONLY) or gave it door breaching, buckshot, and beanbag. We could have rock throwers defending roadblocks against area attack, tanks, APCs without worrying about a breacher with a semi-automatic shotgun mowing the crowd down in instant arrest, just the arrest teams and moving slowly from no stamina.

We have run enemy off with rocks in the past, I used to kill that way frequently, its just when that dang breacher comes out of nowhere.

So civilians stay in view of the cache and fighters. Drop kit, mix in with the other similar clothed guys in the crowd, wait 2 minutes that way, have a weapon kit in the crowd to cycle. Weapons in Iraqi civilian/Gaza crowd=REALISM for ROE opportunity on snipers. Cheerio or somebody wanted RKG grenades in civilian kit, well that tactic is one way to do it by just having kit in the crowd. LESS WORK FOR MORE REALISM.

These 2 things alone, all the creativity people can express tactically from their imaginations with each other in teamwork, especially in regard to the civilian shotgun arrest function change. The suspenseful intensity of the situation with civilians or the fear of the flame thrower.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Otherwise the problem is there is WAY too many FPS games. Anybody can make a video game and they do. If you look at how many players other games have, 600, 1000, 10,000. But then you have 100,000-1,000,000 playing Call of Duty Warzone daily. That type of Call of Duty multiplayer I can't stand, fast pace, un-realistic, minimal to no teamwork.

I get my fun out of tactics, intensity of fighting, having more brain power than or just fooling the enemy, but as the same time I like to go up against my own tactics to learn counter tactics which have their own counter tactics, so I teach them.

A lot of these games like Call of Duty or Fortnite creates silly minded trolls who only joke around, rage, lone wolf, take vehicles from others to rush and abandon that could be used longer, actually use some ammo and along side stronger vehicles. I personally have 0 interest in those types of games.

Then the clear psychological neurological effect it has on people, repetition of "spawn, sprint, jump, shoot, prone, shoot, die". They call it fun, but they are sitting there drinking energy drinks and tournament players are taking ADHD drugs to make their minds work faster for an edge in a waste of time un-realistic video game.

You see it manifest in game rage, toxicity where the only words in their mind are slurs of frustration, trolling out of dissatisfaction in gameplay and many other behaviors. I have seen a terrible friend of mine push his spaniel dog off the couch every time he got killed on Call of Duty Black Ops.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, we don't want these people in Project Reality unless they adapt immediately in search of this type of game, where they stop or slowly stop being that way.

This game has a clear mission against that type of player and player development from early childhood by providing an alternative to that mass corporate franchise. Imagine if Call of Duty was more like Project Reality in fighting and teamwork with 1,000,000s of people playing. So many homes with kids screaming at a Call Of Duty, the fighting with each other to have a turn play that trash.

I would like a game like Project Reality, on the masses for children and teenagers to develop on, not have their brains neurologically jacked up by Call of Duty. A game that makes children think. Society would have less bullies if in their free time for video games they practiced teamwork instead of slurs, insults, being toxic, developing bad social interactions.

Then there was people like me, stuck in the loop of consoles un-aware I had this game to play that could run on a laptop. Always wanted a game with realistic terrain, projectiles, teamwork, feel of a big battle.

But I was un-prepared for the simulated trauma, from the images, sounds and situations that nobody lives in the real world to talk about.
Last edited by Suchar; 2023-12-27 at 17:36..
Old 2023-12-21, 22:24   #54
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
No other game I could find has fast ropes(Thank you Japan Clan for your work) in intense combat simulations, playing dead, climbing trees, suppression of camouflaged enemy. DEVs said they couldn't break the vehicle seat code, you did. Said you couldn't do fast ropes, Japanese players did. Many things you thought were impossible with the game, are not impossible.
Fastropes were done by [R-DEV]Alon. The locked japanese server was just allowed to test it.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-22, 00:25   #55
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: The Great Project Reality Timeline

Well just proves my point about the DEVs being able to figure out anything. This game needs enhancements on what makes it unique about other games, then be showcased in the trailers. Any game can do man to man, force on force FPS, so many choices for that. We need more than in game teamwork, we need teamwork features we can all enjoy (flame tank, flamethrower M2 backpack, fast ropes, suspenseful delicate situations with civilian riots, comradery of riding your teams tanks to battle)

People who like Michael Bay action movies, its from all the fire, intensity, explosions and situations around that. Mind stimulating, now they can be that character in the movie. We need unique capabilities. But its missing new features that other games come with or emulate.

To be a leader and an example in the industry, get other game Developers "feature jealous", to ensure all the cool things are brought to Project Reality BF3, Squad and other games. Playing dead, climbing trees, civilian riots, flame throwers, riding on top of tanks to battle and fast ropes.

I don't care too much about the artful presentation as long as it works and fits enough. The graphics are great if you got a high machine end to run PR.

What is one of the things that Call of Duty World at War was loved for and promoted by in every trailer for it? Flamethrowers. Rising Storm, Red Orchestra and many other players we could have snagged some players. Bring the hype back, but for this game.

To improve player count, to be better than all other games, to see the fruits of your labor, to change the terrible mass corporate franchises like Call of Duty if we snatch players from all these games, influencing their content to catch up to greatness

-M2 Flame Thrower, general napalm improvements, needs to be sticky (WW2/Vietnam era)

-Civilian Arrest shotgun realism, remove civilian stamina, not health. We can start the cool things that come from it on our own, its on the players to make the most of it.(Modern Insurgencies Era)

-Make trees climbable, more stable branch platforms with keyboard keys U I O or other un-used keys. This increases immersion for factions well known for it, increases paranoia excitement, the simulated PTSD players seek. (Vietnam, WW2 Japan in future, plus anybody can climb a tree)

-Playing dead rag doll official feature in a dropped kit, hands on head is obvious, need to look like a dead Project Reality body. More realistic ways to survive or kill to enjoy, amaze and amuse yourself. Increase paranoia excitement and intensity. Very fitting for the well known factions known for it to attack.

-Make tanks more stable to ride on, starting with collision damage with tops of vehicles. Even easier, just make us more seat on top of the tank, send infantry who are asset restricted to the hull seats please, like you did for the Chinook. You got Soviet WW2 faction coming, we needs it. 8 is enough.

In the end, in the far distant future in PROJECT REALITY VIRTUAL REALITY... vvvv I want to be able to do this whole thing to an occupied moving enemy logistics or transport truck vvvv. Games are all about features today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v2lS_qnUck

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trailers need to show case the missing features like backpack flame thrower, more napalm. Fire is a unique weapon for games, the better the fires flaming effects against enemy the more fun it is along with availability over more maps.

Some people only play GTA5 mods for police traffic stop simulation, I wonder if they looked at other police simulators like "Ready or Not". We can bring them over with Civilian shotgun riot tool realism on insurgency.

It will get more people doing civilian in general for them to enjoy. The power of rocks, baiting enemy, civilians covered by insurgents. Backed off with AAV/LAV/Bradley/Abrams. Humvees concealing breacher for the shotgun to remove stamina for arrest team. The mind games you can play, having dropped kits in the rock throwing crowd for RKG against vehicles. Hiding in the crowd waiting 2 minutes, shuffling around with similarly dressed civilians.

Regular GTA 5 online and Call of Duty Warzone create the same type of players, character and skill wise, vehicles they rush could be used better with other vehicles, and be repeatedly re-armed. This needs to be taught against with combat skill and strategy tutorials.

One strategy tutorial concept can be shown by a simple picture of a map. Team has defense flag on wide open desert area, 1 squad have super FOB in view of flag, 1 squad have super FOB on the flag, assets can shift around in view of each other as if they were a mobile super FOB. Gives the enemy too much choice for area attack, makes area attack weaker against at least 2 super FOBs. Defensive in nature, requires coordinated attack, enemy riled up abandons defense in boredom. Need pressure off defense flag? Send 2+ in to cap enemy flag, if successful chopper picks up from the rear safety behind defensive lines, leap frogs hook to next flag.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-12-22 at 00:36..

Tags
great, project, reality, timeline