project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2024-03-06, 07:41   #1
dcm1
Default I really want a conventional 7.62x39 AK faction.

Outside of vietnam. We dont have a conventional faction which exclusively uses the 7.62x39 caliber AK type rifles as their primary arm. Most factions that use 7.62 AK rifles are either unconventional or have some other alternative rifle to fall back on. I feel that mirrored weapons and assets provide the best experience in PR. That's why I love Russia vs Mec and Syrians vs Mec layers so much. When the assets are tit for tat. It's a very beautiful experience. All extraneous factors are accounted for and the only element remaining is skill. But sadly on RUS or FSA v MEC maps, they always fall apart when it comes to the infantry combat component. The mecsicans just cant compete against the AK rifles up close. Yeah the mec gets a more damaging rifle. But the AK is just so much better.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-06, 16:47   #2
InchPincherToo

Default Re: I really want a conventional 7.62x39 AK faction.

Well it's gonna be useless anyways, but i'll put this here (faction alternatives):

- Bangladeshi Armed Forces (they literally have Type 81 (a SKS+AK Hybrid) as their standard issue (known as BD-08 and BD-15 LMG), they also in 7.62x39mm), the problem is what conflict they would be in? I see an UN deployment in Africa/Middle East as possibility for BLUFOR, but not sure about OPFOR, as they haven't got real conflict aside from small border clashes with India.

- Hungarian Defense Forces (they have AKM copy known as AK-63 as their standard issue, also in 7.62x39mm), where's the area of conflict? It's more EUFOR/KFOR/UN ones for BLUFOR. Again, had no idea for OPFOR. Do note that this is around 2016, as in 2018 they were replaced by locally produced BREN 2's.

- Finnish Defense Forces (archived here, if i'm not mistaken) was using a 7.62x39mm rifles as their standard issue (Sako RK 62 and RK 95), although it's a derivative of Polish licensed AK-47 that eventually known as Galil worldwide and it's still an AK-like weapon for me. There's also a plus on this one, some of the maps in-game are located in Finland or nearby Nordic territories (so, it would be fit right in as the project was abandoned many years ago). It's fits on BLUFOR and OPFOR side, since Finland's not a NATO member yet in 2016-ish. Would be nice if anyone can start working on this again.

But hell, who's gonna work on all of this?

None of them, would bet~
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-06, 20:18   #3
dcm1

I was thinking the simplest and easiest solution would be to give both the russians and mec, subfactions both armed with 7.62x39mm AK type rifles. E.G. AKM, RPK, PKM, SVD, Etc. I dont care if it's not realistic. It be fun. And the main difference between the factions would be assets and camo. Making target identification easier.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 01:00   #4
m823us
PR Server License Moderator
Smile Re: I really want a conventional 7.62x39 AK faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchPincherToo View Post
Well it's gonna be useless anyways, but i'll put this here (faction alternatives):

- Bangladeshi Armed Forces (they literally have Type 81 (a SKS+AK Hybrid) as their standard issue (known as BD-08 and BD-15 LMG), they also in 7.62x39mm), the problem is what conflict they would be in? I see an UN deployment in Africa/Middle East as possibility for BLUFOR, but not sure about OPFOR, as they haven't got real conflict aside from small border clashes with India.

- Hungarian Defense Forces (they have AKM copy known as AK-63 as their standard issue, also in 7.62x39mm), where's the area of conflict? It's more EUFOR/KFOR/UN ones for BLUFOR. Again, had no idea for OPFOR. Do note that this is around 2016, as in 2018 they were replaced by locally produced BREN 2's.

- Finnish Defense Forces (archived here, if i'm not mistaken) was using a 7.62x39mm rifles as their standard issue (Sako RK 62 and RK 95), although it's a derivative of Polish licensed AK-47 that eventually known as Galil worldwide and it's still an AK-like weapon for me. There's also a plus on this one, some of the maps in-game are located in Finland or nearby Nordic territories (so, it would be fit right in as the project was abandoned many years ago). It's fits on BLUFOR and OPFOR side, since Finland's not a NATO member yet in 2016-ish. Would be nice if anyone can start working on this again.

But hell, who's gonna work on all of this?

None of them, would bet~
This guy pays attention and gets it
m823us is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 06:22   #5
waldov

It wouldn't be far fetched or unrealistic in the slightest and you answered your own question: The MEC should have an AK sub faction, especially (if not exclusively) on Syrian war layers.

It would make all those maps literally twice as fun, far more balanced and more realistically reflect the Syrian army which the MEC is clearly representing on those maps. The MEC is fictional hybridized placeholder for generic Arab armies loosely based on the modern Iranian army, there is literally zero reason to stay faithful to their standard weapon layouts on all maps its neither in the interest of realism nor balance (at least on the urban dense Syria maps).

Change nothing else, just that one simple change. More Fun and more realism, not often you get to stone those two birds at once.
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 23:04   #6
GRNANDGLD
Supporting Member

I'd still take the higher muzzle velocity on a smaller caliber...5.56, but the Galil is such a sweet rifle.
GRNANDGLD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-13, 10:56   #7
Gazuu

Gazuu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-13, 16:00   #8
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazuu View Post
Translated kit names are going to be interesting Who does the voice over?
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-13, 16:35   #9
Gazuu

Kovanaama has all the voice over lines saved. This faction needs to be done!
Gazuu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 13:43   #10
Finrar

RIP FDF Comfac
Finrar is offline Reply With Quote