project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-04-29, 04:07   #131
MetalDeer
Default Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

Fresh meat
MetalDeer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-31, 21:23   #132
Igor Elite Soldier123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGUE-RUIM View Post
excellent job
Igor Elite Soldier123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-23, 20:55   #133
Sim77

Guys sorry i am newbie , i tried to play previous version 1.7 and i had many problems , special with vehicles

Is it necessary to use kits to drive vehicles ?

We are a small group of friends 5-6 players and we would like to play small maps.

Are there available in the main game or i have to download small maps ?
Sim77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-23, 23:14   #134
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim77 View Post
Guys sorry i am newbie , i tried to play previous version 1.7 and i had many problems , special with vehicles

Is it necessary to use kits to drive vehicles ?

We are a small group of friends 5-6 players and we would like to play small maps.

Are there available in the main game or i have to download small maps ?
All heavy vehicles as well as anything that flies requires dedicated kit. Crewman for land vehicles (tanks, APCs, etc) and Pilot for aircraft.

For small maps there are many skirmish layouts available in the map list. Skirmish is suitable for small groups. However, there are no vehicles in skirmish. Another game mode suitable for low player count is Vehicle Warfare. As the name suggests, it's vehicles only. Then there is COOP mode where you can play with bots against bots or humans against bots, but COOP mode can be run only on dedicated server.
Last edited by bad_nade; 2024-06-23 at 23:22..
Old 2024-06-24, 07:37   #135
Sim77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_nade View Post
All heavy vehicles as well as anything that flies requires dedicated kit. Crewman for land vehicles (tanks, APCs, etc) and Pilot for aircraft.

For small maps there are many skirmish layouts available in the map list. Skirmish is suitable for small groups. However, there are no vehicles in skirmish. Another game mode suitable for low player count is Vehicle Warfare. As the name suggests, it's vehicles only. Then there is COOP mode where you can play with bots against bots or humans against bots, but COOP mode can be run only on dedicated server.
Thanks for the reply , is it possible to add some option for players are not familiar with this system to remove the kits ?

I dont know if the game designers are listening but it will be good. We like BF2 style but we also like some update but without KITS.

Regarding vehicle warfare can you type a link ? i couldnt find on google
Old 2024-06-24, 17:51   #136
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim77 View Post
Thanks for the reply , is it possible to add some option for players are not familiar with this system to remove the kits ?

I dont know if the game designers are listening but it will be good. We like BF2 style but we also like some update but without KITS.

Regarding vehicle warfare can you type a link ? i couldnt find on google
Project Reality was created from the beginning to not be anything like BF2. That's one of the main reasons why this mod even exists

Vehicle Warfare is just another game mode. In PR there are currently 15 VW maps, some with a couple of layouts. But contrary to what I wrote in the previous message, VW is designed for a bit larger groups than just a few players. Maps are big, and there are lots of tickets and vehicles.

PR has several game modes. This list is not an official status of game modes but my gut feeling without any actual numbers to back it up.
  • Assault and Secure, AAS. The most popular game mode on public servers.
  • Insurgency, INS. Another popular game mode on public servers.
  • Command & Control, CnC. Rarely played outside organized events.
  • Vehicle Warfare. Played mostly when server is seeding.
  • Skirmish. Played mostly when server is seeding.
  • Co-Operation, COOP. Popular game mode among offline players and small group of friends but there are public servers as well.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 21:13   #137
Sim77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_nade View Post
Project Reality was created from the beginning to not be anything like BF2. That's one of the main reasons why this mod even exists

Vehicle Warfare is just another game mode. In PR there are currently 15 VW maps, some with a couple of layouts. But contrary to what I wrote in the previous message, VW is designed for a bit larger groups than just a few players. Maps are big, and there are lots of tickets and vehicles.

PR has several game modes. This list is not an official status of game modes but my gut feeling without any actual numbers to back it up.
  • Assault and Secure, AAS. The most popular game mode on public servers.
  • Insurgency, INS. Another popular game mode on public servers.
  • Command & Control, CnC. Rarely played outside organized events.
  • Vehicle Warfare. Played mostly when server is seeding.
  • Skirmish. Played mostly when server is seeding.
  • Co-Operation, COOP. Popular game mode among offline players and small group of friends but there are public servers as well.
Ok , i got this , i understand that some people work hard for this project ,

but it will be good to exist one mode with small maps , for LAN play , for example like COD4 maps , maybe is better without vehicles because this thing with KITS confuse some players

Tags
players, project, reality