project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2024-07-08, 05:54   #1
GALATuS
Exclamation Game optimization for low-end PC

I have two main questions about what the title says, and I ask here because I didn't get any answer in the discord. And the first is: Do you plan for future updates to optimize performance specifically in terms of smoke and particles to reduce lag on low-end PCs?
And the second: In the same way, do you plan to revert the effects and other graphic settings from being set to maximum (or 3) by default, so that users with low-end PCs can set these to the minimum or 1??
I ask this because I have a low-end PC or potato PC, and I am having too much lag and FPS drops in some maps, but especially when there is fire and many particles of any kind, to the point that unfortunately for me I will have to uninstall the game If an update that improves game performance in these aspects is not released, at least until I can have a better PC (which will not be soon and will be in several months more).
Since it is too much of a disadvantage, that is, even on a map that runs for me at almost 60 fps, it only takes someone throwing a smoke grenade for the fps to drop a lot with unplayable lag, as well as the particles that are released when a bullet hits the ground.
And I don't have such a prehistoric PC either, with the other BF2 mods like FH2 or combat mod I don't have this issue, since I have more than 8gb RAM, a 2-core 3.20GHz processor and fourth-generation integrated graphics, enough to run the game well in low graphical settings, and for the same reason I can run certain maps at around 60 fps, but it's enough for there to be smoke or fire to have fps drops.
And I ask about the possibility of lowering the settings from the game files because I did the test by setting effects quality and the others video settings to 1 (in an offline server) and I had a considerable increase in terms of fps (but even so when I throw a smoke grenade they lower me like 30 fps instantly...), but as you know, that, which btw can be done in any other online videogame in the world, in PR is not allowed, for some reason I can't make sense of it.
Last edited by GALATuS; 2024-07-08 at 06:19..
Old 2024-07-14, 09:45   #2
Tommygun
Supporting Member
Default Re: Game optimization for low-end PC

30fps aint terrible as a low number.... That aside, this runs on a reasonable PC from 2005....If you are using a laptop with 2 integrated GPUs make sure you are using an external monitor to make use of it.
A gtx750 and up will be fine..pref with a min of an old Pentium core 2 duo.
It might rather be time to upgrade than to ask for a complete code rewrite
Tommygun is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
low fps, optimization, potato pc