project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2023-11-22, 16:47   #1
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Does anybody else dream about Project Reality during sleep? Simulation induced dreams

Does anybody else besides me have dreams about Project Reality or induced by it? Like situations from the gameplay or just combat simulation induced dreams in general. Please share.

As in it doesn't need to be you are dreaming specifically in Project Reality exact graphic/sound/ambience. Could be lucid, with full realism lucid dreaming graphics.

My dreams related to it, the dream combat scenes don't last the whole dream. It comes in short durations. Sometimes its intense fighting, sometimes its suspenseful situations of complex tactics.

A lot of the time its greyish/brown dirt with woody bits in it, destroyed lands for the environment. Sometimes grassy. Sometimes its a beach. Rarely mountains. Maybe jungle day and night once..

One time I got shot in dream, woke up immediately.

Similar sleep disturbance to childhood dream I had of being on top of a big tsunami wave that crashed me on a beach then woke up immediately. I had that dream when I was 9 in 2004.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to hop on the Project Reality Dream server when you sleep. Just start screaming Grump when you are in lucid state. A few times I have been told by somebody in my dream that I was in their dream, in real life either the next day or mentioned weeks after.

Sometimes without environmental input or previous conversation up to an hour at a friends place. I tell my current thought to let it out to get an outside response and the first thing I hear is "I was literally just thinking about that" or they show me that is what they were looking at on their tablet/phone.

Anybody else experience this? You have to share your thoughts at the right moment.

Its the energy between people, the energy we are without the body, then the frequency that allows this. Its crazy stuff, but its real.

Its crazy stuff, but its real like the metals, minerals and crystals that transmit data signals out of plastic encasements powered by a folded specific metal we call lithium that can be recharged. Never would have known if intelligent life never started digging though the inert and indistinguishable clumps of Earth then separating them then studying it.

So that is what I want to do here, study dreams, energy, thoughts between people and whatever else we term ourselves.

Call it whatever made up vibrational words terms suits you, look at everything in the raw from the formation of the Earth and the origin of the its materials from the universe. That is just the science of magic, the magic of the universe and what it gives.

I have seen God or the aware energy of the universe work in sequential mysterious ways in my life upon reflection, how one moment led to bigger things. Through other people.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-11-22 at 16:53..
Old 2023-11-22, 17:16   #2
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Does anybody else dream about Project Reality during sleep? Simulation induced dr

The only PR related dreams I've had were nightmares resulting from fixing bugs in Flash menu. Other than that I mainly lose sleep over PR instead.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-22, 19:37   #3
robert357

Default Re: Does anybody else dream about Project Reality during sleep? Simulation induced dr

If you having dreams with images from games thats mean you are playing too much or you are going to sleep without mental rest from them. Take a break, seriously.

I used to have dreams about situations that could happen in particular games or just were packed with action. This always happens when I played all day or go to bed right after finishing playing. I think it stopped few days after I took a break. Since then I don't have this kind of dreams anymore.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-23, 04:20   #4
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I did had a dream I was playing Khamisiyah insurgency as MEC (Cache defender), carefully looking and covering each area with another teammate. I killed someone that was proning next to a fence but a USMC soldier managed to sneak and ninja destroy the cache as I heard the C4 explosion and the cache destroyed message.

A teammate turned around and said on mumble "Wait, our cache got destroyed? Wtf" and I was mad lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
If you having dreams with images from games thats mean you are playing too much or you are going to sleep without mental rest from them. Take a break, seriously.

I used to have dreams about situations that could happen in particular games or just were packed with action. This always happens when I played all day or go to bed right after finishing playing. I think it stopped few days after I took a break. Since then I don't have this kind of dreams anymore.
The same applies for modding haha. PR modding is an obsession for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
Other than that I mainly lose sleep over PR instead.
This ^

Last edited by Arab; 2023-11-23 at 04:35..
Old 2023-11-28, 16:02   #5
dcm1

Bro you play too much.

But yeah I have had dreams about pr too. My mind is stuck in 2007. Sometimes in my dream, I wake up in my old house, turn on my computer, boot up pr and expect to see the devfile 24/7 basrah server. Then when I dont see it. I wake up for real. The only thing that stops those dreams for me is thc. But I hate weed. So I take delta 8 gummies instead, to destroy my ability to dream for the night. Still sucks though because fuck hallucinating in your waking state. It feels like you're dreaming while actively awake. It's fucking terrifying. The human mind was not designed to dream when awake. Your conscious and subconscious swap and mingle. Some people like that. But I dont. Weed doesn't calm me down. It makes me schizo. And I'm at risk for schizophrenia already. Plus I got adult adhd and hallucinogenics only make it worse. My brain overheats and it hurts. That's why my mind turns to mush in the summer. Why I think so much better in cold weather. Or under a cold shower. And why I'm an alcoholic. Because booze soothes my body and mind and slows them both down. And it's pretty fun to be drunk. To lose control of your body albeit temporarily. I love stumbling home drunk. It's so soothing and relaxing sometimes. Nothing better than bouncing on a trampoline while drunk. Or driving drunk. Not saying you should drive drunk. But if you ever get the chance to do it safely, like say on a closed track in a slow moving vehicle with someone there to watch you. Then yeah I say go for it.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-29, 15:25   #6
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

At some point i were imagining finally making inertia working on flying vehicles without weird coding. But then i woke up, tested, and it didn't work again.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-27, 22:40   #7
Wicca
Supporting Member

The 0.5 project reality video was about Project Reality being a dream. And now in 2023 this post shows up... Coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQBEsmXyis

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-28, 21:57   #8
InfantryGamer42

Wicca is back? What is happening now?
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-29, 02:46   #9
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
The 0.5 project reality video was about Project Reality being a dream. And now in 2023 this post shows up... Coincidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQBEsmXyis
The best version of pr. I'm tearing up now from all the good memories flooding back into me. .5 pr was peak pr. .5 is what pr should be. What pr should have remained as. Yeah all the content additions are nice in modern pr. But .5 had this special something. This soul that no other version of pr has ever come close to, before or since. Man I'd love to run a .5 server again. But alas I'm technologically inept.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-08, 11:18   #10
milosv123344

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
The best version of pr. I'm tearing up now from all the good memories flooding back into me. .5 pr was peak pr. .5 is what pr should be. What pr should have remained as. Yeah all the content additions are nice in modern pr. But .5 had this special something. This soul that no other version of pr has ever come close to, before or since. Man I'd love to run a .5 server again. But alas I'm technologically inept.
Absolutely, I completely agree. I still have it, along with maps that can be played in coop. I spin it up every summer at least a couple of times with a mate. Here's a map list that works in coop:

https://imgur.com/a/iWfrGts
milosv123344 is offline Reply With Quote