project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
05 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2024-07-12, 15:15   #1
KianaKaslana
Default [Faction Concept] 8th Route Army for WWII theater

So with the introduction of the Red Army in PR1.8, I'm now thinking about adding the 8th Route Army to the game as China is also a major part of World War II, and in fact, I do think it necessary to let foreigners know that my motherland also deserves a place in Project Reality WW2 theater.

So here is the link of the 8RA:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Route_Army

So here is another link of the enemy--Imperial Japanese Army:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Japanese_Army

I would love to see some equipment from the Empire of Japan (1868–1947), the main Axis power in Asia and the major enemy of the 8RA, or the Republic of China (1912–1949) make it to this theater.

However, here come the problems.
Firstly, I know little about the vehicles used back then, especially when it comes to the 8th Route Army, as they used captured stuff from the Imperial Japanese Army most of the time, by the way, it's somewhat confusing to let both the 8RA and IJA use the same firearm.
Secondly, the maps may also be a problem: I know little about how to make maps, and I'm afraid that I can't make them as accurate as what history has shown me.
Lastly, the sounds, as the current audio source is from Battlefield 2, so I may remake the sounds for ALL Chinese factions, no matter the time era. (or maybe I should take care of different time eras)

At present, I have not started work. However, I think it will be even better to introduce the 8th Route Army to Project Reality.

Here is my online file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?gid=0#gid=0
Last edited by KianaKaslana; 2024-07-13 at 02:34..
Old 2024-07-13, 02:38   #2
KianaKaslana
Default Re: [Faction Concept] 8th Route Army for WWII theater

Forgive me for being such unprofessional, as I'm just a player in Project Reality, but I still need to say, that it would be nice to see a faction that mainly depends on Infantry tactics.
KianaKaslana is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-13, 12:44   #3
KianaKaslana

Here's my logo for this project.

Based on this flag:
Last edited by KianaKaslana; 2024-07-13 at 12:58..
Old 2024-07-16, 01:42   #4
InchPincherToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaKaslana View Post

Can't seem to open the sheets. Make it public perhaps?
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-16, 10:01   #5
botfragger
Lightbulb Re: [Faction Concept] 8th Route Army for WWII theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaKaslana View Post
So with the introduction of the Red Army in PR1.8, I'm now thinking about adding the 8th Route Army to the game as China is also a major part of World War II, and in fact, I do think it necessary to let foreigners know that my motherland also deserves a place in Project Reality WW2 theater.

So here is the link of the 8RA:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Route_Army

So here is another link of the enemy--Imperial Japanese Army:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Japanese_Army

I would love to see some equipment from the Empire of Japan (1868–1947), the main Axis power in Asia and the major enemy of the 8RA, or the Republic of China (1912–1949) make it to this theater.

However, here come the problems.
Firstly, I know little about the vehicles used back then, especially when it comes to the 8th Route Army, as they used captured stuff from the Imperial Japanese Army most of the time, by the way, it's somewhat confusing to let both the 8RA and IJA use the same firearm.
Secondly, the maps may also be a problem: I know little about how to make maps, and I'm afraid that I can't make them as accurate as what history has shown me.
Lastly, the sounds, as the current audio source is from Battlefield 2, so I may remake the sounds for ALL Chinese factions, no matter the time era. (or maybe I should take care of different time eras)

At present, I have not started work. However, I think it will be even better to introduce the 8th Route Army to Project Reality.

Here is my online file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?gid=0#gid=0
China is irrelevant in this game as long as they don't have the Japanese Imperial Army first. So, it is better to have the Japanese Imperial Army before the China Wang Jingwei Army is added to the game as you wish
botfragger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-16, 10:10   #6
KianaKaslana

Quote:
Originally Posted by botfragger View Post
China is irrelevant in this game as long as they don't have the Japanese Imperial Army first. So, it is better to have the Japanese Imperial Army before the China Wang Jingwei Army is added to the game as you wish
Well, this concept is about to introduce the 8RA, the N4A, and the IJA. So forgive for being such unprofessional to explain properly.
Last edited by KianaKaslana; 2024-07-16 at 10:20..
Old 2024-07-16, 10:11   #7
KianaKaslana

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchPincherToo View Post
Later, as I'm still green hands to this Google sheet
Old 2024-07-16, 10:16   #8
KianaKaslana

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchPincherToo View Post
Here you go now.
Old 2024-07-17, 04:55   #9
KianaKaslana

Quote:
Originally Posted by botfragger View Post
Wang Jingwei Army is a part of the IJA Alliance, so I may add this to counter the N4A.
Old 2024-07-17, 07:58   #10
[R-COM]M.MCC
PR Community Faction Lead
PR Server License Administrator

So are you going to make two factions? The Imperial Japanese Army and the Nationalist Army? Or the Eighth Route Army? Anyway, no one has been able to develop two factions at the same time so far, I think your first task is to create a team, which will include modeling artists, texture artists, code writers, animators, and skinners. If you are new to BF2 modding, then I strongly recommend you to start with the most basic retexturing. To get some texturing experience. But the most important thing is to create a strong team, considering that you want to make two factions at the same time. Maybe you need a lot of members. Finally, I wish you all the best.

M.MCC is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
china, concept, faction, sino-japanese war, wwii