project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
07 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2023-07-12, 19:47   #1
deathgivercola
Default (Faction Concept) Cold War 1985

Hello all,

First, I love PR. I wanna see if anyone here would be willing to work with me to make 80s Cold War factions for PR. We already have 80s british Infantry done with the Falklands. I would like to see about expanding the 80s era to cover the following main factions (listed by priority):

1. Expand 80s british: we already have the infantry and light vehicle assets in game (Land Rover, scorpion, scimitars, Warriors, Challangers). What we would need to round this off are re-textures/rebalance of the existing heavy vehicles. We would also need to add the Cheiftan, and the FV432 and FV103 apcs and their variants.

2. USSR: All infantry weapon assets are already in the game. Most vehicles are already in the game and would need a retexture. Main missing vehicle would be the T-64. We would need to make Soviet infantry models, but I suspect we can get away with retexturing and mixing kit geometries from the exiting assets. Bonus with this is we can also cover the Soviet Afghan war pitting the Soviets against the Taliban Faction as is.

3. 80s US Army: All infantry weapon assets are in the game already. Most vehicle assets are in the game already, and would need a retexture/rebalance (adjust existing Abrams assets to match 80s era Abrams). Retexturing the vietnam US army in woodland BDU and giving them a Kevlar helmet would all that would be needed to make the infantry. Vietnam kit geometries are about the same as the 80s.

4. (super low priority/pipe dream only when we get the above three done) West and East Germans.

I personally have no modding n experience but I am willing to learn if someone has good tutorials or would be willing to show me the ropes.

I think the Cold War era would be an awesome addition to PR! We could easily just make a new layer on existing maps using new Cold War assets.

PM me and let’s start hashing out the details if anyone is interested! I will start getting a WIP list together once I get some help!

Cheers
deathgivercola is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 06:16   #2
Hokunin
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: (Faction Concept) Cold War 1985

- I think there are soviet russian soldier models available for PR.
- In 80s USSR already had t-72s.

Hokunin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 15:33   #3
Mdx00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post

cool ones!

would be nice to see them with 80s US and also other factions of the same period
Mdx00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 20:16   #4
deathgivercola

Oh wow I had no idea they were already in there! This looks great! Looks like regular Motor-Rifle on top and maybe VDV on the bottom?

And yes, the T-72 was around in the 80s, but the T-64 was considered better and was in the frontline Soviet tank divisions. Game wise, the T-64 would have slightly better armour than the T-72 and all the bells and whistles, like stabalizers, rangefinder etc etc
deathgivercola is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-18, 21:30   #5
Operator_Max1993
Talking Re: (Faction Concept) Cold War 1985

so awesome to finally see an expanded cold war setting for PR!

i wonder about China and Japan
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 04:48   #6
Coopers-PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokunin View Post

Do you know who has these models? I'm picking up the project of 1980's Soviet Red Army and having these models will make my job 80% easier as I can then just stick to retexturing vehicles
Coopers-PA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-24, 17:11   #7
sasrt22

and what happen any news about this idea
sasrt22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-25, 04:09   #8
InchPincherToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasrt22 View Post
and what happen any news about this idea
It's not happening yet, as ppl been busy with other stuff that needs to be finished in PR.
InchPincherToo is offline Reply With Quote