project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2024-08-05, 20:16   #1
Marko.
Default NErfing down the glorious M1151 up armored HMMWV MK19

I'd like to discuss an issue that has come to my attention regarding the balance of the M1151 Up-Armored HMMWV MK19 in PR

for some context, in a recent game on Kokan (Insurgency 64), we experienced a situation where a player used the M1151 Up-Armored HMMWV MK19 to camp in the main base and fire across the map for the entire round. this created a significant imbalance and negatively impacted the gameplay. for those interested, i can link the replay for you.

the problem is that the MK19’s current state allows players to camp in safe zones and dominate the battlefield without taking any risks, which is not in line with the intended dynamic and tactical gameplay of Project Reality.

ive got a couple of suggestions if you fellas are down to discuss them.
A/ Lower the rate of fire or damage output of the MK19 to make it less dominant at long ranges.
B/ Decrease the ammunition capacity to encourage more strategic use and reduce the ability for prolonged suppressive fire.
C/ Increase Overheat Mechanic: Implement or enhance the overheat mechanic for the MK19, requiring players to manage their firing rate more carefully.
D/ Propose your own solution in this thread and have it discussed.

implementing these changes WILL significantly improve gameplay balance and ensure a fairer and more enjoyable experience for all players.
looking forward to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this matter fellow soldiers
Marko. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 01:47   #2
dcm1
Default Re: NErfing down the glorious M1151 up armored HMMWV MK19

I've had extremely unpleasant rounds where MK.19/GMG equipped vehicles were able to suppress opponents across the map, without ever having to expose themselves, by not having to leave dod. I can recall several rounds on ramiel, basrah, etc, where that was the case.

I think a good nerf would be to reduce the amount of total reloads by half. But leave everything else the same.

Make it so the 'shield' that protects main bases and explodes inbound ordinance, is expanded to the entirety of dod. So grenade jeeps and mk.19s cant just shoot into and out dod, without their opponents having some way to reciprocate.

Or go the opposite route and reduce dod to the bare minimum. Just covering the main entrance complex and allow people to engage up to the gates of main base. Like in the good ol' days.

Finally buff rocket techies. The rocket techie is inferior to the gmg in every single way. Higher minimum range, lower maximum range, no reliable way to range it properly. And way less ammo that takes much longer to reload. I know that rockets are technically stronger and can kill a tank. But it's extremely rare.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 09:49   #3
DrDoomPK

Fair concern regarding the MK19. The way its being used currently in the game is definitely not intended, while we're out here discussing it, range fire for the AAVP should also be nerfed, I 've had terrible rounds on muttrah just because at any given moment, there's a hailstorm of grenades on any given FOB. Though MK19 is fun to use this way, only a certain number of players in game can actually use it that way.

Returning to the topic, Mk19 shelling is an extremely viable tactic that if done correctly can tilt the favour of a game on kokan to blufor. It's needs a nerf. Decreasing ammo count should work well in theory or making the impact radius of the grenades a bit smaller.
DrDoomPK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 20:39   #4
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoomPK View Post
Returning to the topic, Mk19 shelling is an extremely viable tactic that if done correctly can tilt the favour of a game on kokan to blufor. It's needs a nerf. Decreasing ammo count should work well in theory or making the impact radius of the grenades a bit smaller.
There are only two ways to solve GMG spam out of main. Reduce the DOD, so opfor can actually have a chance to take it out. Or expand the explosives shield to cover the entirety of a team's dod, so no explosives can enter or leave, without detonating. Personally I dont like either solution.
Old 2024-08-06, 21:12   #5
Marko.

I see your point about the reducing the DoD or expanding the explosives shield, that could indeed mitigate some of the camping problems, but they primarily protect the DoD rather than addressing the broader issue of balance across the entire map.

the main issue is the disproportionate power of the MK19.
Marko. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 23:06   #6
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko. View Post
the main issue is the disproportionate power of the MK19.
Okay then. Nerf the splash radius and increase the grenade spread at long range. It makes zero sense to me that the mk19 should have the same dispersion at 300m as 1500m.
Old 2024-08-07, 07:29   #7
DrDoomPK

Currently, it is both more accurate and outshines the rocket techie. Iirc MK19 is pretty inaccurate irl. Increasing deviation might be the way to go about it.
DrDoomPK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-09, 14:08   #8
ALFABETAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko. View Post
I'd like to discuss an issue that has come to my attention regarding the balance of the M1151 Up-Armored HMMWV MK19 in PR

for some context, in a recent game on Kokan (Insurgency 64), we experienced a situation where a player used the M1151 Up-Armored HMMWV MK19 to camp in the main base and fire across the map for the entire round. this created a significant imbalance and negatively impacted the gameplay. for those interested, i can link the replay for you.

the problem is that the MK19’s current state allows players to camp in safe zones and dominate the battlefield without taking any risks, which is not in line with the intended dynamic and tactical gameplay of Project Reality.

ive got a couple of suggestions if you fellas are down to discuss them.
A/ Lower the rate of fire or damage output of the MK19 to make it less dominant at long ranges.
B/ Decrease the ammunition capacity to encourage more strategic use and reduce the ability for prolonged suppressive fire.
C/ Increase Overheat Mechanic: Implement or enhance the overheat mechanic for the MK19, requiring players to manage their firing rate more carefully.
D/ Propose your own solution in this thread and have it discussed.

implementing these changes WILL significantly improve gameplay balance and ensure a fairer and more enjoyable experience for all players.
looking forward to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this matter fellow soldiers
Thats why it is call a tactic. You talk about some one breaking ROE. Kokan blueforce needs invisible walls to block explosive shot like al basrah have on the redforce. Putting in deviation will only help people who have skill issues and no coordination with the team to correct their fire. He will be able to spam and kill randomly.
Or even better solution on kokan map. When blueforce fire from there main base. On ins side on the map appear area attack and commander just need to accept it
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote