project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
10 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2024-08-05, 05:29   #11
waldov

Default Re: Instant deafness when wounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crylink View Post
But then you could alert your teammates to the danger.

Imagine you've managed to sneak up behind a bunch of enemy players , you stab someone and he immediately alerts everyone to your presence.
I don't get this argument or scenario. You go down you're alerting your teammates regardless of your hearing abilities. I'm sure they can figure out what killed you pretty quick, regardless the element of suprise is given up.

The main argument for deafness on wounded as I see it, is to stop wounded guys ease dropping on every little enemy movement and position change, especially long after they've gone down.

A brief window of hearing has little effect on this exploit, while minimizing the immersion breaking "abrupt deafness" effect people currently have an issue with.
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-05, 13:55   #12
Brotherscompany2

I honestly cannot comprehend why this change was made. Why are we making teamwork harder? I dont get it its completely counter intuitive to every step that has been taken in these last updates, especially the latest 5 man to cap a flag.

From my experience so far (mostly as Medic/SL)

-"F@ck lm down!
- "What killed you?
- I dunno, lm just dead.
- Is it safe to revive? Where did it come from?
- I dont know, I don't know where it came from.

What is so wrong with team work? What is so bad about letting people communicate? Yes people can exploit the system and give general or pin point directions after they are dead, just like they did for 18 (l assume) and no one ever complained about it.
Why are we giving power to lone wolfs and making coordination harder, when there has been a clear vocal expression of the playerbase about decreasing player quality/coordination for years?

My main concerns and dislike with this new system

- Indirect buff to lone wolfs. You can more effectively overcome coordinated players since they loose the ability to effectively communicate with each other, by not realizing what is happening
- Undeniable clear incentive to give up and not to wait for a Medic. Besides the really small field of vision you cannot get relevant information regarding your surroundings if you are gonna get revived or not. Can barely tell if the Medic is dragging me or why he had to pause the dragging. Cannot understand if the Medic is ignoring me or slowly approaching. Cannot understand if the Medic is taking extra 2 min because he is being fired upon or the threat is still relatively close
- Incitive to just giving up and respawning due current negative feedback to access intel regarding your reason of death and if you should wait for Medic
- Like Izmah mentioned, made SL even harder. You guys are DEVs you been playing the game long enough l dont think l even need to explain this point. If l do and have to even argue about this point, l honestly lost faith in your decision to make gameplay changes.

What was even the goal of this change? Was the old system that bad than this one that justifies the change in a positive way??? Are we trying to become a new Battlefield or SQUAD?

From the bottom of my heart l think this has been the most counter intuitive change made in years. I dont care about the argument of realism or gimmicky excuses that l see, this is a game. There is a point where Realism decisions start to hinder the gameplay, for me not being able to hear after being wounded is a critical negative change.

I hope this feedback is taken in consideration tried my best to be less sentimentals and Discord Edge Lord.
Last edited by Brotherscompany2; 2024-08-05 at 14:18..
Old 2024-08-05, 17:04   #13
izmash
PR Server License Administrator

My suggestion is to either completely remove it or implement this feature but in reverse order:
1. after being killed you are 100% deafened
2. while being wounded you slowly restore volume to normal level
3. it will take like 20-30 seconds to fully restore volume level

It won't break immersion like it is now, your assumptions will be satisfied and it will keep players still engaged after being killed.
izmash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 09:58   #14
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Hello guys, worst developer ambassador here.

I just want to let you all know that this thread is carefully monitored by the team and different kinds of changes are being considered. There are 2 things, however, that I would like you to explain:

First, please explain the "You can not Squadlead while being wounded and deaf" argument. I have asked a couple of very good veteran players and they dont really get it either. Please explain what you mean precisely.

Second, refrain from something as this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany2 View Post
You guys are DEVs you been playing the game long enough l dont think l even need to explain this point. If l do and have to even argue about this point, l honestly lost faith in your decision to make gameplay changes.
Yes, you do need to explain it. Please refrain from posting such (obviously unnecessary) statements. A lot of people have a lot of different opinions and there are quite a lot of good veteran players who like this change. This is as good as a DEV saying "change is good, dont need to explain why, you suck if you dont like it" and disabling the feedback forums.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 14:11   #15
Bastiannn

Tbh the only annoying thing is the loud sound when you die that instantly cuts off, in an earrape manner transition. Make the deafness progressive over a few seconds instead and its fine.
I lonewolf a lot and this change is to my benefit.
Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-06, 20:13   #16
DrDoomPK

The concept is good, we all get what devs were trying to achieve but the implementation was a bit poor. It's disorienting to say the least, and immersion breaking, the sound being cut off roughly. Its bad for teamwork though, I think what brothers is trying to say it's that you lose squad cohesion when a person does just because of the aspect that you have like zero idea what killed you. Was it a sniper in the distance? A tank round? This is especially noticable in a recon squad or something close to it.

A fading deafness will do the trick honestly, just enough for a person to tell his squadmates what's going on.
DrDoomPK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-07, 10:50   #17
Brotherscompany2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Yes, you do need to explain it. Please refrain from posting such (obviously unnecessary) statements. A lot of people have a lot of different opinions and there are quite a lot of good veteran players who like this change.
From Discord

Who the feck had this idea???

Like l have a SQ of 7 members, 3 of my SQ mates die in an engagement we can't cap the flag anymore lmao - Brotherscompany

just revive them - seethe reactivated

It was introduced a mechanic which makes reviving exponentially harder task and accomplish your goals as a SQ/SL
  • When firefights break out, especially in prolonged ones, you loose the ability to effectively communicate orders due to lack of information from squad members who are down towards medic/SL. This makes it harder to coordinate revives
    When players die without knowing what happened or how dangerous the situation is, it makes it less likely for medics to go for them or for me to give clearance to do so thus making people more likely to give up and respawn
  • The culmination of these factors make SQ cohesion A LOT worse. Unless you are running with disciplined Squad members who won't give up it makes it harder to save tickets or maintain a combat effective number of players. You already had to keep reminding people not to give up, this change leads to a indirect reinforcement in a negative way.
  • Nothing is more frustrating than a SQ which doesn't talk. I have been in countless SQs through out the years and that is what makes a SL pissed. A SQ were people die, you open the Tab 2/3 of your SQ is dead without you realizing why, where the threat is, what what took them down is one of the most discentivating experience you can go through. No matter the effort you do, there its out of your hands and you need to simply rely on your SQ skill. If its not there you just can't do what you want. This is something EVERY SL can relate to when he has a bad game.

SQ cohesion is in my eyes the single most important thing for success, despite how skilled or unskilled your SQ is. Its what can turn unfun games to fun ones and make you feel despite the odds, at least you know you did what you could. This change undermines SQ cohesion, it might have a porpoise to why it was implemented but it hinders a core gameplay aspect.

Don't get me wrong, lm fully aware l cry a lot but l have so much joy in SL and beating odds and giving a good experience to other 7 players. But its an exhaustive task non the less, mentally draining one, its not like you simply turn off your brain and enjoy a mice Battlefield game

The game quality and even reason to play PR is based on teamwork. I would be playing another game in a snap of a finger if l wanted to play a shooter. In my opinion any change that hinders teamwork or makes SL more exhaustive than it has to be is not good. I dont want to see a game where more and more SLs dont want to perform their role and we end up on a Freekiting team because people are too burned out to do SL
Brotherscompany2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-07, 16:17   #18
Smol Shrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmash View Post
My suggestion is to either completely remove it or implement this feature but in reverse order:
1. after being killed you are 100% deafened
2. while being wounded you slowly restore volume to normal level
3. it will take like 20-30 seconds to fully restore volume level
It would feel more intuitive in reverse order:

> wounded (almost full hearing)
> progressively deafening for 20-30 seconds
> 100% deaf

Since the intention was to kill "ghosting" by wounded players, that would be the more player-friendly way.

As of my opinion - it is a good change.
But a little bit of leeway would make it less infuriating, both for newer players and the veterans.
Last edited by Smol Shrum; 2024-08-07 at 22:15..
Old 2024-08-08, 02:48   #19
[R-CON]​Multi
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany2 View Post
From my experience so far (mostly as Medic/SL)

-"F@ck lm down!
- "What killed you?
- I dunno, lm just dead.
- Is it safe to revive? Where did it come from?
- I dont know, I don't know where it came from.
I don't quite get this argument or why this is wrong, IMO If someone was distant enough for his squadmates to not know what killed him, why should they verbally know at all? You have smoke grenades, supressive fire, binoculars and dragging to succesfully take someone out of a dangerous area and revive them, use those tools, questions like "Is it safe to revive? Where did it come from?" should be assesed by the squadmates, not someone who's killed
Multi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-08, 09:43   #20
LFI

It plays interesting.
To me it's kinda immersive.

To M4: yes one loses his hearing when he lost his consciousness after being shot in the head!

I do recognize that it has minor implications for teamplay. However, this is not a one way street. Just instead of "Playername, what killed you?" we are coming to "Guys, what killed Playername?" or "Guys, what killed me?!". Probably also increasing importance for having an eye on each other (in the literal sense).
It also makes ambushes a bit more viable.
LFI is offline Reply With Quote